Los Angeles CJ Repair/Service

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
mstrshikadance
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Los Angeles CJ Repair/Service

Post by mstrshikadance »

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows of anyone in Los Angeles who does repair or service?

I am not interested in shipping out my gear.

This Is mainly to create a relationship with someone local.
Thanks!
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Los Angeles CJ Repair/Service

Post by AnotherJohnson »

The official CJ position is that there are no authorized service centers but the factory. CJ won’t supply parts or schematics.

You may find someone local to “keep it running,” but they will have to be resourceful.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
tonye
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by tonye »

Yep.... Back in the 90s I had an outfit in the SF Valley tell me they could "fix" my PV9. They had a technician that had worked at CJ before moving out West and he knew how to work on them. But it took them like two months to get the part.

I've had my preamp at the factory twice for repairs and upgrades since. It's was pretty much painless.

A preamp is a reasonable light thing to ship if you have the box. And they will ship you a replacement box.

I did have an MF2100 worked in a local shop in Huntington Beach but that's sort of a back up.

My biggest issue now is that the factory seems to be not responsive for my FOUR queries to get a set of tubes... I don't know if they are alive or not. If they are not, then we're all hosed.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

tonye wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:25 pm
My biggest issue now is that the factory seems to be not responsive for my FOUR queries to get a set of tubes... I don't know if they are alive or not. If they are not, then we're all hosed.
See your other thread

https://www.conradjohnsonowners.com/vie ... php?t=2607
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.