HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBY!!!

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBY!!!

Post by AnotherJohnson »

73 years young, this very day!
Drinking a Costa Rican Coffee toast to your health and happiness. All the best,

G
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBY!!!

Post by admin »

Happy B-day roberto! Enjoy the coffee and the music!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola my dear CJ friends,

Thanks a lot! Today I was born at my grandma house 73 years ago. Oh boy, really time flies! Please receive this big hug from Costa Rica. Again, thanks!

Bobby.
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Terribly sorry Robbo mate, I clearly missed it!

Anyway, all the very very best on your b'day, hope you had a great one indeed!

Now, all you need to do is pour that scotch and light that cigar...puff...puff.
Cheers matey, have a great one!
Best, RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hahaha, RJ,
I accept the scotch, but not the cigar. My lungs are not too good with the smoke. I did smoke cigarettes long time ago, right now I am a non smoker for over 40 years I guess. Not even weed ( :lol: ) or a brownie.

I am beginning to understand my new speaker cables. These Nordost SPM Reference, are one of a kind. The voices are projected to the air with much space and crystal clear. I am very happy with the results. On the other hand, my USB cable, The Lush ^ V2, I am using the final config of consensus cable users. I can really hear a difference with this SPM Reference, the Blue Heaven speaker cable does not shows these little things and nuances that are into the recordings.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Happy birthday Roberto! Sorry I’m late to the party.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hey Joe,

Thanks a lot! What an odd year!, I wish to all a very happy new year with health, prosperity, and good money for our beloved hobby.

Happy listening!
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Robbo mate,

We wish you well and all the good health, and may you look younger each year!

Ok, I'll make sure I leave you some good scotch. Infact the wifey is the one who buys the whiskey, not me. I'm mostly a beer and wine fan. So lately she's been bringing home this fine grade single malt whiskey, either the Glen line or the Jamieson brand. It's pretty good! As of lately she's been developing a taste to the high grade Henessy Cognac, and of lately I'm getting acquired to it my self. One thing for sure is the music certainly sounds a whole lot better after a few Cognac's.... ;)

Fully agree on the SPM reference cables, they are fantastic!
A big step up from Blue heaven or Red Dawn, if you could a get a chance to have a full array of SPM reference from power cords, interconnects and speaker cables, now that would be outstanding! Marvellous combination indeed!

Anyway, these will last a lifetime and will allow you to feel the emotions of high quality recordings. Great stuff Robbo, let us know how it goes.

Let me know when you visit Melbourne, I'll hide the single malt bottle for you, otherwise someone else will be sipping it... :o

Cheers matey, RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

RJ,

Today, I am having a 18 year Old Parr whisky. I love the smoked flavour, and not too strong...also if I sneeze, the people surround me will be sterilised by at least three months due to the high alcohol content! I love this whisky.

I did use the Red Dawn Nordost cable long time ago. In my system, the overall sound was too bright and hard sound. Not for ML or my ears. They did great with Thiel and Sonus Faber. Also some Focal models did well with it. The Blue Heaven did well, but lack the definition that I have now with this SPM Reference. The light violet colour is nice. But what I do like more is the quality sound that I am getting. I do not know how they do it, but the strings are with the right amount of hi frequency content. The definition is giving me a lot of goosebumps. I have to recommend to you this cd. The recording is fantastic:
IMG_4337 3.jpg
IMG_4337 3.jpg (2.51 MiB) Viewed 6406 times

Happy listening!
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Time to give this one a boost.

A very special birthday wish for our now 75 year old audiophile!

And MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎄🎁 to you and your family!

AJ
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Indeed. A very happy birthday wish.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Love you, Thanks! Right now I'm leaving to my son Gustavo's house. We have a kind of a family together's brunch, I just made a delicious Gallo Pinto ( a very tradicional Costa Rican dish ).

Again, thanks!
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Have a great B'day Robbo matey!
All the best wishes your way and to your health, good spirits, happiness and of course towards those fine tunes!
Cheers, RJ; will be having a special one in your name.
Woof!
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

0ABDA123-5F47-49CF-8358-21AAF3EF9AF5.png
0ABDA123-5F47-49CF-8358-21AAF3EF9AF5.png (313.84 KiB) Viewed 6359 times
This is from Lew.

Thanks Big Dog!!!
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Lew has been a good and attentive friend. Friendships bring joy and give extra meaning to life.

Besides, he’s hoping for some Costa Rican coffee when HIS birthday comes around. 🥳🎂☕️🥰.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola AJ,
Sure About the Costa Rican coffee...hahahaha,

Happy listening!
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

Sorry for the late response, Roberto but

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Tx Joe!
paulCJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by paulCJ »

OK, this is really late, by almost 2 weeks, but Happy Belated Birthday Roberto!
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Never is late! Thanks Paul.
Happy listening!