Is CJ closed for Easter?

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
Mcbrion
Regular
Regular

Is CJ closed for Easter?

Post by Mcbrion »

I've written and called every day this week (and their answering machine says they're closed Fridays), and not so much as a peep out of them. Are they on Spring Break? I see I can update my Classic to the Classic 2 - or can it be updated to the Classic 2 SE - if there is such a thing?!?!? I don't even know, 'cuz there's no response!
pstrisik
Super Pro
Super Pro

Re: Is CJ closed for Easter?

Post by pstrisik »

Since Ed left, phone help is sparse. I got a relatively quick reply by email a few weeks ago.

service@conradjohnson.com
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Peter

Dennis Had Inspire LP-2 preamp
Dennis Had Inspire KT150 amp
Thorens TD-145 MkII
Restored AR 2ax', Omega Super 7 XRS Alnicos
Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6/DAC Magic +
[/color]
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think that anybody who dealt with Ed misses his presence at CJ. I had the pleasure of talking with him twice last year prior to retiring and he was not only a great help, but also very nice and pleasant person to talk to. He not only helped solve my issue, but our conversion quickly digressed into his love of Bartok!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Mcbrion
Regular
Regular

Post by Mcbrion »

pstrisik wrote:Since Ed left, phone help is sparse. I got a relatively quick reply by email a few weeks ago.

service@conradjohnson.com

I did send an email Tuesday as well, but didn't get a response to that. Perhaps they're overwhelmed and can't keep up with the requests. I didn't know Ed, so I'll have to assume this is the reason for the delay.

Thanks.
Ray
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Ray »

I can only speak for my own situation, having bought one of the first Classics (my first CJ Preamp) then an ET3, ET5 and now GAT.... CJ's response to the dozen or so inquires I've made over the years, was often fairly pitiful. Ed was always extremely polite, apologetic and helpful once I could speak to him. Emails were seldom responded to. Ed would generally always get back to me in response to a phone call, but even phone messages were no guarantee. As great as Ed was, every time I spoke to him it was clear that he was overloaded with work. Whether that was his own time management or lack thereof, or a case of one person trying to do the job that required more than one person, I have no idea.
This is from an absolute FAN and current GAT owner, I'd never consider any other preamp, period, but CJ could I think benefit from trying to improve the support responsiveness...if just a bit! JMHO!
-------------------------------------------------
Magnepan 20.7
Conrad Johnson ART 300
Conrad Johnson GAT V2
Meitner MA 1 V2
Custom Server running MC 23
Dual Synology 1512+ 12 TB total storage
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I wouldn't be surprised if CJ is overwhelmed with service requests. I think in a way this actually speaks highly of their products, nobody call dell about a 10 year old computer. Having to support products that go back 2 decades or more must be a daunting task. I only had to call CJ twice, and I guess I was lucky as I was put on the phone with Ed almost immediately both times. This was probably a luck of the draw, nonetheless, CJ will probably need to re-evaluate how they want to handle their customer service department in the future.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
rthomeint
Advanced
Advanced

Post by rthomeint »

I called a couple of months ago and was told to by the person who answered the phone send an email with any questions I had. They also work a 4 day week there. They are closed every Friday.I was told this by my local dealer who is a friend.