Western Electric - Which tubes do you want made in America?

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Western Electric - Which tubes do you want made in America?

Post by Big Dog RJ »

That was the most interesting and informative video I've come across from Kevin D, this guy is the "real Deal!"

I've always respected his info, for absolutely no BS, no friiles, no bells & whistles and he tells it like it is! An absolute legend! I don't think he could ever be replaced with his vast knowledge and extensive experience in tube gear, there really isn't an equal.

Although, there's a team of passionate designers and engineers behind the success of ARC, CJ, VTL and Manley Labs...Kevin gives the utmost sincere advice when it comes to tubes and best of all, he's not trying to sell you anything, just common sense, so something to think about.

From that short video, I've learnt yet another piece of valuable tube knowledge... which they certainly don't teach at Uni! Although I've said many times before that I'll be planning on downsizing once my end game system is in place... leaning towards SS Dartzeel or Pass Labs but after listening to Kev, and understanding every single word he said, I think I'll just stick with tooobs! Like he said, you gotta love it! I certainly do too!

Thanks for sharing this AJ, you da man! Now that deserves a mighty WOOF!!!
Cheers, RJ

Note: just a quick update, apart from this video posted by AJ, I was also referring to the other videos done by Kev on tube life, tube preamps & tube power amps, tube gear in general, myths and bs busted... etc., these are very informative and makes a whole lot of sense! Highly recommended, woof!
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

https://upscaleaudio.com/products/weste ... %3D.MSHAEG

Here’s more about the 91E and its capabilities. This says 15 Wpc.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

That's a real gorgeous amplifier, absolute tops! The 300B has always had a sweet sweet sound, plenty of caramel and syrup! Not sure though how this particular amp will sound but given it's a 300B must have that sweet signature!

Must check it out in Feb, I'm sure of our dealer chappy's will have one around for demo by then. Pricing for an integrated is not too shabby but still very high end.