Another Paul McGowan book and SACD

Discuss listening room acoustics, treatments, building home theater rooms, and proper placement of your Speakers.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Another Paul McGowan book and SACD

Post by AnotherJohnson »

https://www.psaudio.com/products/the-audiophiles-guide/

In my recent deep dive into Paul McGowan and PS Audio, I ran across this book and CD.

The book is mostly focused on guiding the newbie into a first two channel system, but the second half offers tips to advanced audiophiles.

It is a very easy read, and the test CD guides you through many system tweaks related to speaker placement, power conditioning, and interconnects.

One thing that hit me as I digested the advice is that a lot of the budget info, and order of importance of components, is so subjective as to be useless.

I note that from anecdotal evidence, many gravitate towards the recommendations naturally.

I agree with much of what he shares regarding panel vs box speakers. Also I find myself (surprisingly) in agreement on power conditioning.

I do not agree with the idea that the phono preamp is the most important part of a vinyl based front end, but I do agree that it is more important than many realize.

I have a lot of test CDs on the shelf. I like this one, partly because of Paul’s suggestions on its best use.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.