The Almost All Tube Issue

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

The Almost All Tube Issue

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Stereophile V7 no 3.

https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-A ... 7-No-3.pdf

If you don’t remember this one, it’s got some good CJ product reviews, including the PV5.

Note the classifieds section. And the ARC vs CJ comparo.

By the time this appeared, I was already in love with my PV5.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Almost All Tube Issue

Post by admin »

A lovely read from days gone past. How interesting that so much space was devoted to CJ in that issue. I wish that were the case today. The CJ/ARC comparison article seems to not have a "winner". I did find it interesting how they mentioned the importance of line voltage which we have recently been discussing on here in CJO. So maybe there really is something to using voltage regulation?

I looked in the classifieds section and noticed a local dealer/seller in my home state of New Hampshire. I looked up if they were operating and got a webpage link to a website that looks like it was last updated in the 90's (but still running). Not sure if they are still in business but somebody must be paying the website hosting fees? http://www.dbsystemsaudio.com
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: The Almost All Tube Issue

Post by AnotherJohnson »

They take PayPal so as simple as the site is, it’s from the 21st Century. 😁

The 8 channel switcher was updated or added in 2013.

I can’t help but wonder how this stuff sounds … but since the company is now 46 years old, and they’re not on anybody’s short list, I’d approach it with modest expectations.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.