CJ PV-12AL for sale

A nice place to sell, buy, and trade anything (without the fees). See something on sale at another site, talk about it here.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

CJ PV-12AL for sale

Post by admin »

Recently acquired a wonderful ET7s2 so unfortunately it's time for my PV-12 to find a new home. I really loved this unit and used it for a decade but I only have one system. I will offer an additional $50 discount if a buyer is a CJO member.

Listing price is $1249 w/ free shipping.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649 ... -shipping/
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Boxcar
Pro
Pro

Re: CJ PV-12AL for sale

Post by Boxcar »

Good luck with your sale! I'd be interested if it had a phono stage. Do you use an outboard phono stage with it?

boxcar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's the line stage version, hence the "L" designation. Yes, I have an separate phono preamp. There is a phono input on the PV-12 but it's for line level. I understand that a minority of the original units were sold with a phono stage built in and it was very good.
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Adding a phono stage to a. PV12L is likely to be possible.

A call to CJ might be worthwhile.

Of course TEA-X stand-alone units are great too.

Or you can use the tape out jacks of your PV5 as a feed to the aux input of the 12, with the PV 5 phono being used. Of course you’re limited to MM cartridges with that solution.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I remember when I moved from an excellent PV11 to the ET3SE. It was a huge step forward. I used a Linn Uphorik outboard phono, and an ARC PH5 before finding a TEA2MAX HG. That was another huge step forward. Then an ET7, and finally the ET7s2. The ET7s2 + TEA2MAX combo was synergistically far superior to anything else I’d enjoyed. At one point I was using an MF2550SE as the amp. That was a great setup. I thought it was my final destination, but I had multiple systems at the time, and equipment roulette led to gear churning as I downsized and upsized over time.

The ET7s2 is a killer preamp.

At its price point, the PV12L is superb too.
Boxcar
Pro
Pro

Post by Boxcar »

Great feedback, gents!

For now, I think I'm going to see how things settle out once my Premier 5s show up before I move forward with a preamp upgrade. Right now, I'm quite happy with the PV5 after a few updates. I'm sure there's room for improvement, though!

boxcar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

SOLD
-admin
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

👍