CJ PV-1 restoration

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
revenge
New User
New User

CJ PV-1 restoration

Post by revenge »

Hello from Finland, all CJ owners and enthusiasts.
I am a local long-time hifi pioneer (some fifty years), the last thirty years mainly on tube gear. CJ products are well respected here among true enthusiasts, myself included. Integrated CJ amps are more in favour here and often paired with eg. Klipsch, Tannoy ,JBL and others.Recently i was happy to buy the PV-1 pre in a mint condition. For the future, a service manual would be very useful, as some ideas of my own could be utilized in the topology,without sacrificing the fine oultlook of the product. A 230V mains toroidal is the first place to start.

Sincerely, Mauri Pännäri
Helsinki/Finland
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CJ PV-1 restoration

Post by admin »

Hi Mauri,
Great to have you with us. PV-1 is a classic. We do have the schematic in our database so you can download that if you feel like you want to "tinker".
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: CJ PV-1 restoration

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Yes, welcome …. And be careful while you’re having fun. But you already know this. 😁

FWIW, my mother’s father was born in Vasa a long long time ago. Vasa was under Swedish rule at the time (1900). He also loved to tinker.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.