Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Lucky One
Beginner
Beginner

Lucky One introduces himself.

Post by Lucky One »

Hello everyone,

I joined this forum after reading a lot of threads.

I am retired and have all the time to listen to music extensively.
My music preference is mainly for classical music, but as a child of the sixties, pop music from that time is still attractive to listen to. But jazz music can also charm me from time to time.

I call myself "Lucky One" here because I understand that I own something special, not to mention my wife.
I have owned the CJ Premier One since 2008 (where does the time go).
About the following, I am the third owner, the first owner had it converted to the Premier One b.
I found that out from correspondence with Conrad Johnson.
As a preamp I have the CJ Premier Three; it is currently under maintenance and I am eagerly looking forward to having it back.

The Premier One contains 6CA7 Philips tubes, recently replaced.

The whole finds its presentation through Magnepan 3.3r speakers.
I live in a simple terraced house, silicone strips have been mounted under the speakers so that I can easily slide them into place when I want to listen. Then they are halfway across the room and I get an enormous depth in the reproduction, which is an experience especially with (classical) orchestra music.

I've come a long way to get to where I now call myself lucky enough to be able to wallow in such a fantastic music bubble when I'm listening.
My wife always calls it a theater where you sit when music is being listened to, about row ten to imagine it.

I'll stop here before I get too long-winded.

Yours sincerely.

ps. By the way, I live in the Netherlands.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lucky One introduces himself.

Post by admin »

Hi Lucky One,
Great to have you with us here on CJO. As a fellow magnepan owner I can say how great CJ melds with planar speakers. Maggies are not easy to drive but CJ really brings out that special quality in them. Congrats on the setup!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Lucky One introduces himself.

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Great story! I love hear about curating very special gear.
Enjoy!
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.