Premier 11A Serial 6021278 capacitor kits

From tubes to solid state.
stagam
Beginner
Beginner

Premier 11A Serial 6021278 capacitor kits

Post by stagam »

Hello all, Working on this 11A and wonder if anyone out there has replaced coupling and filter capacitors. The original problem was the plate fuse open on one channel. The tubes KT88 are date coded 31 wk of 2001. I suspect the one of these tubes is marginal with monitoring current and tapping the top of the tube and current jumps around. The cartridge fuse from looking online seems to be a bit to much,is there any sources that are reasonable to purchase. I ended up testing with an inline fuse holder and standard fuse this worked well, but want to replace original fuse if I can find price that seems fair.
Any help would be welcomed.
Senior Tech from Indiana
Stan Gamble
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Premier 11A Serial 6021278 capacitor kits

Post by roberto »

Hola stan,

Are you looking for BBS type fuse? These fuses are expensive everywhere. All CJ products are made like a good jewel. Parts are the best that the electronic industry produce. If you see the resistors, all are rated 1% tolerance and are not carbon made. The resistors are low noise type. Look the caps too. Ask the service dept of Conrad Johnson ( service@conrajohnson.com) for a possible repair kit for the amp.

You can try mouser electronics or Digi Key electronics. Conrad Johnson has them too. Change the power tube, do not tap anymore that bad tube, because you might generate a heavy transient that could damage other parts of the amp. Also remember to adjust the bias for the new tube. It is not needed to replace all the tubes, just the bad one, unless you hear a bad bass reproduction or poor high definition.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.