ART 150 review from The Absolute Sound

From tubes to solid state.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

ART 150 review from The Absolute Sound

Post by admin »

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articl ... -amplifier

Figured people may be interested in the review of the ART 150 published yesterday in TAS.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: ART 150 review from The Absolute Sound

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Glad it’s finally on line. This is the one that appeared in print in the February’22 issue (mailed out in January).
Last edited by AnotherJohnson on Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: ART 150 review from The Absolute Sound

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Interesting read Admin, thanks for sharing.

I may also add 50cts worth; the ART150 also has a higher Class A bias, and this higher Class A is what drives the ART150 effortlessly. It ever hardly goes into Class AB and most reviewers do not mention this.

Apart from his preamp and speakers, which the brand of preamp I'm not sure of but Harbeth's are really good. The last time I experienced the ART150 was when it was driving the ML Ren15a and then subsequently the Alsyvox ribbons Botichelli-X with the external crossovers, holy moly!!! Wow! Look out! Here comes the force...

If the reviewer heard it on these speakers, he'll be really rethinking a lot of things, especially on the Alsyvox partnered with the Momentum preamp. That Waa something else. Then after a few days, I got to experience the ART300's driving my very own favourite of all time, the CLX's, that was on another dimension!

They are superb tube amplifiers in every sense of the term "tube amplifiers," they will drive anything effortlessly and deliver beautiful music at the same time. Having said that, not all of us can afford such lofty gear, and so we must embrace what we have and do anything possible to make its performance shift gears... hence the very reason why I chose the Class A route! It's truly remarkable what an extra couple of Class A power can do.

My next quest is to audition CJ's newest Class A product and that's the ART108A's, I truly believe this is it! The ultimate in CJ finesse!

Cheers to JF & his team!
RJ