MV 75

From tubes to solid state.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: MV 75

Post by AnotherJohnson »

FWIW, I would not add a second MV75. If I thought I needed more power, I’d go to something like the LP140s.

I think you would have a killer system even with just the MV75, and it would be period correct.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Yes, that's what I said. His room is small too. He does not need a lot of power. Besides, the MV-75 is not shy in power. It has a lot of headroom. His Maggies are going to be very happy been driven by the MV-75.
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Pat Rivet
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Pat Rivet »

Hi and Happy New Year to All

Maybe I'm a lucky man!!! After posting the fact that I was looking for a MV75 on a specialized website, I have now the opportunity to buy... 2 MV 75!!! Referring to your posts, it could be a good solution...
Other one, a Premier 140... finally, the same numbers of tubes!! but some 20 years younger... heads or tails???
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Younger is better. And just about all Premier amps will sound better to most people than the MV75 if all of the amps are up to snuff.

The reason to go for the MV75 is to bring back a particular nostalgia for the dawn of an age. The Premier 140 will bring back a nostalgic feeling too … but one with better performance.

YMMV. 😁
Pat Rivet
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Pat Rivet »

Hi All,
Last request before a possible decision: seems that the front panel and the 2 lateral grid were an option - just in Europe?... Even it was not the case, none of the 2 MV75 I found has.
So, my question is: is there any possibility to find some in the US? Maybe one of you could have the info or a contact...
Best, Pat
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Another fellow ran an ad in the “want to buy” classifieds, and also on Audiogon and/or USAudiomart. He was looking for Premier 11 tube cage(s) (iirc). The ads ran for a long time without success. Frankly, I was not optimistic about their turning up.

But his patience was rewarded and his quest succeeded.

You can always call CJ to see if they’ve got what you’re looking for … but since the MV75 era, they’ve moved twice (I think), and I’ve never been able to get such old parts directly from them.

I suggested to the other fellow that perhaps he could have the parts custom made with the appearance of OEM.

🤞 😁
Pat Rivet
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Pat Rivet »

Agree with you regarding CJ... I tried for a bonnet for my MV45 and they had not... So, not sure they still have any part for a MV75. I have to get used to the idea of having without... Otherwise, as you suggest, a custom part.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Pat,

Do you still have the old parts? In a garage body shop, they might paint the cage. The front, with a cleaning glass kitchen fluid, put some into a cloth and wipe it. Where the logo letters are, do it with much care.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've also used 70% isopropyl alcohol for some tougher spots to clean. But kitchen glass fluid (windex) or just a mild soap solution typically works well but make sure you dry it after use and not let it sit.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Pat Rivet wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:21 am Hi All,
Last request before a possible decision: seems that the front panel and the 2 lateral grid were an option - just in Europe?... Even it was not the case, none of the 2 MV75 I found has.
So, my question is: is there any possibility to find some in the US? Maybe one of you could have the info or a contact...
Best, Pat
That doesn’t sound like cleaning. It sounds like finding. Maybe I’ve misread again.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Finding old parts for any electronic brand is always a problem. As far as I know, only McIntosch has everything for any model. A big plus for McIntosch.
Admin is right. Isopropyl alcohol is a good degreaser and will not harm the finish.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

roberto wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:33 am Finding old parts for any electronic brand is always a problem. As far as I know, only McIntosch has everything for any model. A big plus for McIntosch.
Admin is right. Isopropyl alcohol is a good degreaser and will not harm the finish.
Even McIntosh do not have parts for many older models. I’ve posted the link to Tom Manley’s McIntosh restoration business many times. Some units are not repairable with OEM parts, but can still be restored. ARC is similar, but probably not as restorable as McIntosh.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Now Martin Logan is the same...some models are out of parts. There is a Vantage model with a broken upper strut that secures the panel to the frame. I don't know what to do. I am trying to use a very strong adhesive (the one that has two parts and you mixed them) to see if it works.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

roberto wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:13 am Now Martin Logan is the same...some models are out of parts. There is a Vantage model with a broken upper strut that secures the panel to the frame. I don't know what to do. I am trying to use a very strong adhesive (the one that has two parts and you mixed them) to see if it works.
You may want to post on www.martinloganowners.com, they have a very active and knowledgeable group there that may be able to offer some insight on alternative repair methods.

I have very fond memories of my previous ML Vantage. Definitely a speaker that I would have spent considerable amount of effort in trying to fix/restore.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

I have being for 33 years the ML guy here in CR. Thanks for the advice. Brian Bayley is the service manager for international distributors...here is what he wrote to me:
Brian Bailey
Wed, Dec 29, 2021, 9:43 AM

to me

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for the mail.

We unfortunately no longer have this part and will not be getting more in.

I am sorry that we do not have better news.

Thank you,
Brian Bailey
National Accounts Service Manager
MartinLogan LTD
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

I also write a lot there, at martinloganowners.com. The Roberto there is me...lol!
Pat Rivet
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Pat Rivet »

Just to confirm tat I would like to find the part... seems it could be utopian...