Hello from Silicon Valley

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Rickcl
New User
New User

Hello from Silicon Valley

Post by Rickcl »

Hello all, my name is Rick. For the last 40 years I have been a solid state guy with minor dabblings in tube gear. I repair audio equipment and have been doing doing for quire awhile.
I just bought a Pv-5 and want to update it within reason. I hooked it up temporarily and heard a new layer of detail.

I look forward to some education interaction

RICK
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Hello from Silicon Valley

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Congratulations on the PV5. It is one of my all time favorites, and it was my first CJ piece. I think Roberto had one when they were new too. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO. Great to have you with us! Enjoy the PV-5.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola and welcome Rick,

AJ is right, it was my very first CJ preamplifier...I bought it in 1982 if my mind does not tricked me. Still on these days, the sound of it is quite impressive. Conrad Johnson has an updated kit for it. The kit has new fresh power supply triple capacitor and all the transistors for the regulator stages. Also the zener diodes. An easy kit and will bring back the quality sound of the PV-5 back. Also I do recommend to have fresh tubes.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Truth71
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Truth71 »

"Tip of the hat" to CJ for their support of vintage products?