Can't find a Premier 11 (not 11A) schematic

Got a problem? See if other members can help you out. Registered users can download schematics, manuals and pictures.
Wildcat
Master
Master

Can't find a Premier 11 (not 11A) schematic

Post by Wildcat »

I've been driving myself crazy the past couple of hours. (It's a short trip, I know.) I've searched all the likely places in my documents and downloads here at home. I've looked through the forum here. And I can't find what I'm after.

A few years back, I had a schematic of the original Premier 11. I know I did, since on another forum, I posted a snippet of the Premier 11 schematic to show the difference between that and the Premier 11A. That is where I made the observation that the 11A had a capacitor added to the bias LED circuits to reduce noise. (And that matches what the reviews of the 11 and 11A mentioned long ago--that the revision was to reduce noise on the bias LED circuit.)

The schematic here on the site is an 11A--if you look at the information, it says "PREMIER ELEVEN REV. A".

Am I imagining that I saw the original Premier 11 schematic here on CJO? Or, does anyone have a copy of it? Anywhere else I've looked online, I haven't found the original again.

Here is the snippet of the Premier 11 schematic I have:
Premier11-bias.png
And the 11A:
Premier11A-bias.png
I'm sending the amp for repair, so I wanted to include both schematics to show the difference, vs. sending only these snippets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
C-J PV-14L/C-J Premier 11/Martin Logan Spires/PS Audio DirectStream Jr./PS Audio AirLens
Technics SL-1210G/Nagaoka MP500/Dynavector XX2 Mk. II/SweetVinyl SugarCube/C-J EV-1
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't find a Premier 11 (not 11A) schematic

Post by admin »

I think we have both of these schematics in our database.

The first one you have pictured is a pdf file and the 2nd version is in jpg.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Wildcat
Master
Master

Post by Wildcat »

I just downloaded the completely ZIP file again to be sure I have the most current version, and in the Premier 11 folder, I only have the three JPG files (the 11A schematic, an output wiring schematic and the power wiring schematic). You're right--I think the P11 was from a PDF originally. I'm just not finding it in the database for some reason.
C-J PV-14L/C-J Premier 11/Martin Logan Spires/PS Audio DirectStream Jr./PS Audio AirLens
Technics SL-1210G/Nagaoka MP500/Dynavector XX2 Mk. II/SweetVinyl SugarCube/C-J EV-1
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm pretty sure we have it. It's almost midnight but I'll take a closer look on my computer tomorrow.
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I just checked, if you open the schematics database download file. There are two folders for Premier 11, each should have their respective schematics (one is a pdf the other jpg).
-admin
Wildcat
Master
Master

Post by Wildcat »

Maybe this is it--I found the P11 schematic with the XS conversion notes in the P11A XS Conversion Mod folder. I don't recall mine having the extra notes on it, but I'm betting that's the one. Anyhoo, I just cleaned up the XS notes in Photoshop and saved it so I have a clean P11 schematic. 👍 So I think I'm over the hump now. :mrgreen: Thanks!

(The XS conversion is to use EL34 tubes vs. 6550 and equivalent tubes.)