Power Conditioners - APC H15BLK AV 1.5kVA H Type

Media players, TV’s, projectors, cables, HTPC’s, and any other hardware.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Re: Power Conditioners - APC H15BLK AV 1.5kVA H Type

Post by Joe Appierto »

I personally think that the power cord supplied by CJ is quite good. That having been said I've heard other power cords from several hundred dollars to several thousand that were more to the service of the music and significantly so. I've found this to be the case with their preamps and amps (all of them tubed) and with the solid state CA200 control amplifier. Am I deluding myself? Don't think so.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Ok,

This is a never ending discussion. I just read a lot of forums where some people do hear a difference and others do not. If you think that there is no benefit with them, it is ok. What's best is to enjoy those fine tunes, right?

Here is what Paul thinks about power cables...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QuToO9JUfw

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

Thanks, Roberto. It's funny because I have a number of PS Audio products and even follow/participate in their forum but had never seen any of Paul McGowan's videos before. It's good to hear someone speak in plain language about what is a technical topic. He seems very down to earth.
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Paul is very down to earth, but he makes spurious arguments, like if you don’t like my fancy power cord, go ahead and use zip cord. As though those were the only two possible choices. I had one of his $1000+ power cords at one time. It was similar to a Krell high dollar cord. They looked pretty cool in my system. They were very good in that they served up the juice without artifacts … just like most other good quality, low gage, short run, options.

An important thing to keep in mind is that there are obviously lucrative financial opportunities in meeting the perceived needs of folks who have the wherewithal to support a $50k to $1M audio habit, and you are unlikely to go bankrupt by appealing to them.

I would not try to talk Joe or Bobby or anyone else out of their favorite tweaks. These accessories are part of the fun. Paul knows this too. He has done well building confidence

There are only a handful of truly honest brokers left in our hobby. Over the decades many of the good guys have been screwed over and/or pushed out. CJ is still run by an honest broker. If this forum does nothing else, it serves to remind me of how lucky we are that the buyer of CJ was/is JF. God bless him.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

I understand perfectly what you're saying and you have valid points. Somewhere along the line this hobby of ours went to a very large degree the way of professional sports -- from a pass-time to a business.
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Joe Appierto wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:40 pm I understand perfectly what you're saying and you have valid points. Somewhere along the line this hobby of ours went to a very large degree the way of professional sports -- from a pass-time to a business.
👍 😢

It has always been a bit whacky.

The old mags argued that it could all be sorted with test equipment and standard bench measurements, but this obviously wasn’t true.

J. Gordon Holt and Harry Pearson came along, and debunked meaningless specs by listening and describing what they heard. Enough of us could relate to their reports to sustain them.

The British press had their own take on it, and I did throw in with them as often as not. The Brits always had great ability to spin subtle, and not so subtle, humor. I still remember their April Fool’s story about using disused railway rails as speaker wires.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Now that deserves a mighty big WOOF!!!

Very true and things have changed since the true essence of music was enjoyed in the most simplest way possible, and that's live un-amplified natural music. Thanks to JF, that simplicity has been further refined by incorporating high quality parts & setting reference standards. He does have a true passion for top quality with an honest approach. I truly hope it sustains and continues to further impress the true audiophile. Things are getting quite expensive though... but I guess that's the price we pay.

If I did have any other choice, obviously I would have been using these other brands in the following order:
1. Lamm Audio
2. VAC
3. Kondo Audio Note
However, for some serious reason I keep coming back to CJ. I guess afterall, it just sounds right.

Do enjoy those fine tunes!
Woofty woof'n! RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

RJ,

Haven't you tried Viva Audio goods? Italian made and expensive stuff. Sound quality? I would say yes, they also sound very musical and nice. Very simple design and expensive parts inside.
http://vivaaudio.com

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Hey Robbo,

No, I haven't come across Viva Audio. Only in a few write-ups, no demoa/auditions as yet. Even if their stuff is good or equally great compared to CJ, as I mentioned it's very hard to let go of CJ and move onto something else thinking that it's great but knowing that it's not... been there far too many times. So for now I'll just sit back and enjoy those fine tunes!

Thanks for mentioning the Viva brand though. Perhaps something new/ different flavour to consider but the system's sound that I have created, revolves around the installation in CJ amplification, which has been further modified to create a custom sound. Therefore, this is what I'm very pleased with, not looking at replacing with anything

Cheers Robbo, have a good one mate!
RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

RJ,
I also had enough seeking on electronics. I am really in Heaven with CJ too. I just love my system and what I am hearing.

I recently bought a Holo May Dac Kte. It is my time to move on from Delta Sigma Dacs. I am entering to the simplest way to convert the digital info to analogue. For PCM the R2R is the one. And for DSD, one bit.

Can’t wait to have fun with it!

Happy listening!
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Nice one Roobo mate,
Cheers and enjoy!

Sounds like a very good combination. Do let us know how you find the overall synergy...
Best, RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

RJ,
Just look these two videos. They will tell the why I am so crazy about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa3sOSRa-U0&t=369s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHcfgQtlnP8&t=388s