ET5 volume adjustment fault

Got a problem? See if other members can help you out. Registered users can download schematics, manuals and pictures.
ROL33
Beginner
Beginner

ET5 volume adjustment fault

Post by ROL33 »

Hello
I just bought a used ET5 from 2011, this is my first Conrad Johnson device.

The volume control works normally up to the value 50, beyond this each time the volume button is pressed, distortion occurs for one to two seconds, then the sound returns to normal.
This happens using the remote control or directly on the device.

I tried by CD and Tunner connections, I also replaced the tube.

Do you have an explanation ? a solution ?
Can we find the diagram of ET5?
Thank you for your help
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ET5 volume adjustment fault

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO, great to have you with us.

Not intimately familiar with the ET5 but if it happens at an exact volume point, maybe that particular resistor in the volume control is going bad. It would explain why it happens exactly at the 50% mark.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
ROL33
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ROL33 »

Thank you for answering.
It is from level 50, which means that the problem also exists at 55, 60, 61 etc.
Is it possible to get the schematic of the ET5?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Unfortunately, we don't have the schematic in our database. If you do get a hold of one, you can send it to me and I can add it so others could benefit in the future.

I would probably start troubleshooting with testing the resistors on the volume control circuit.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.