Premier 350 SA

Got a problem? See if other members can help you out. Registered users can download schematics, manuals and pictures.
DECO_WKSHOP
Regular
Regular

Premier 350 SA

Post by DECO_WKSHOP »

Hello All,

I am looking at a Premier 350SA which had a failed Output STage on one channel.
This was repaired and the Amplifier was fine.
However, fairly shortly afterwards the unit failed, Dead and tripped the House RCD.

Upon investigation I have found the 10 OHM/50 Watt Resistor 'apparently' in series with the incoming Mains to have gone high resistance (33 OHM) but more worryingly, its internal wiring has become short-circuit (3 OHMS) to its case. This obviously is the cause of the House RCD to trip.

I cannot find this resistor on the Schematics so am not 100% certain what its function is. Is it shorted out when the Amplifier turns on?
I have a new resistor on order and have not powered the thing on again yet.
Cold, the Output stage/s including the one I repired previously measure OK so I am hopeful these are OK.
I am wondering whether the failure of the O/P stage the last time caused stress on this resistor and it has finally failed?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

James.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Premier 350 SA

Post by admin »

When you say "you can't find the resistor on the schematic", are you suggesting that this was a modification to the unit (ie added on) or simply that you can't place it in the appropriate schematic?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
DECO_WKSHOP
Regular
Regular

Re: Premier 350 SA

Post by DECO_WKSHOP »

In the Schematics found on this site for the Premier 350 there is no drawing of the Mains Transformer or anything on the Primary side.

I don't think it is a Modification. It is bolted to the chassis through pre-made holes in the case.

There just is no mention of it in the Schemnatic found here.