CJ Pre Amp to go with Premier 12 Monoblocks.

The PV-1 to now...
goonybird
Pro
Pro

Re: CJ Pre Amp to go with Premier 12 Monoblocks.

Post by goonybird »

Wsa fine if a little reticent at the top end. Can't see how they figure thiswas a "budget preamp"?
However read other thread on failure!
Denon AVC8500H, CJ EV1 phono , CJ Premiere 17ls, Conrad Johnson Premier 12 MBs, Kef Ref 203,202c,204ds, HTS2001 x6, HTS1001, C130ER. Denon DBT3313UD, Technics Sl1200G, Goldring Ethos, EAR MC3 MC SUT,
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: CJ Pre Amp to go with Premier 12 Monoblocks.

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Not to worry mate, these can be easily fixed. As you are probably aware, CJ's circuits are pretty simple, and simpler the circuits the easier to service.
I'm sure you'll have the preamp up and running in no time.

Speaking of which, although the PV series preamps are fabulous and offer real value for money, those Prem12's really need a higher quality preamp to deliver what they're capable of on premier standards.
Therefore, I suggest something along the lines of a Prem16LS or Prem17LS will be superb! Even a Prem14 will be fine. When I was using those Prem12's, we started out with a PFR, and then onto 16LS & 17LS, and ended up with the ART preamp. Those Prem12's are fine amplifiers but you've got to match them with Premier standard pre-amplifiers. You'll notice the shift in musical dimensions straight away!

Best, RJ