Hi ya'll, I'm Hal

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Hal
Beginner
Beginner

Hi ya'll, I'm Hal

Post by Hal »

I suppose I have been an audiophile since 1967 or so when I went with my grandfather to pick up his new Fisher Console stereo, helped carry it into the house, unbox and set it up, and heard it, and moreso ... watched the various looks on his face as his spun various LP's on it thruout the day and into the night. After pumping gas, clearing tables and dishwashing, and cutting grass... all of my next several jobs were selling hifi audio in the 1970's in the metro Atlanta area. Later I was doing collectible vinyl in Greenville, SC and going to record shows throughout the southeast in the early 1980s. I was the sole proprietor of SOUND SOURCE in GVL,SC from 1985 to 1993 where we sold vinyl, compact discs, etc and hifi, and moved more into just selling midfi and high end audio in 1989. CJ was already sold in the city by a competitor, so the closest brands we sold were VTL and Counterpoint... and Mod Squad, VPI, Ortofon, Vandenhul, Grado, Vandersteen, B&W, Spendor, MIT, Mordaunt Short, Eminent Technology, Klipsch, Denon, Parasound, Hafler, B&K, Magnum Dynalab and others.

I currently own a CJ mv-75a1 amp that I would like to purchase a faceplate/cage for, if anyone has one that they would like to part with.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Hi ya'll, I'm Hal

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Welcome to the forum!

Fisher, Scott, Marantz, McIntosh ... , and their Realistic and Lafayette knockoffs ... those were the days.

We were still jonesing for better Reel to Reel tape machines and recording live local bands in ‘67. And don’t forget 8 track. 🤣🤣🤣
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome to the site, great to have you with us!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Hal,

You could ask to service@conradjohnson.com if they still have the faceplate in stock. Your task is very difficult. What happened with the one that the amp has?

You can restore it. Just thinking loud.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.