Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Automaticftp
Regular
Regular

Hi from Bob in Lafayette, CO!

Post by Automaticftp »

All -

I suppose I should have posted here first - I posted in the preamp forum first. And I appreciate everyone's warm welcome!

Anyway, known about CJ a long time; worked in a shop in the mid 90s that carried it. Interested in trying a tube preamp - I had a PF2-L for a time and liked it. Budget is $1.5-2k USD, thinking about ET3, PV12, Premier 14 or 17, etc. Other c-j suggestions (that could be had within my budget) are always welcome!

Current system is a Exposure 3010S2 CD player or Cambridge CXC into a Naim nDAC/Teddy Pardo TXPS, to an Exposure 3010S2 preamp, to a pair of Exposure 3010S2 monoblocks, driving Monitor Audio GX300 speakers. Interconnects are mainly AQ, speaker cable is bi-wired Linn K20.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi from Bob in Lafayette, CO!

Post by admin »

Again, welcome to the site.

I rocked a PF2 as my first CJ unit. I think it was really top notch for the relative low cost. I'm currently using a PV-12 which I really like. Sometime in the future I will probably look at upgrading to something higher and newer in the CJ line. So many great choices it's hard to go wrong with CJ.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.