Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
JoPa1078
Regular
Regular

New member from Germany

Post by JoPa1078 »

Hi friends,
I´m a new member of this interesting CJ owners website and I look forward to connect on various subjects about our great tube equipment. I own a CJ Premier 11A and a CJ classic for a long period already and I will never gibve them away. They are my amplifiers and we belong together. I will soon have a professional person installing the cj capacitor upgrade in my Premier11 and I'm having all my tubes measured if they are still working at best performance.
A big thanks to have me part of this community and all the best for all of you.
Jo
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New member from Germany

Post by admin »

Hi Jo,
Welcome to CJO, it's great to have you with us. Those are some great CJ units. Let us know how the cap upgrade goes and what differences you notice in the sound. I'm sure others would like to hear about your experience. Again, welcome.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I’ve been committed to CJ gear for 35+ years. As the motto says, it just sounds right.

Improvising, Conrad Johnson klingt wahr!
Es gibt nichts besser.

Forgive my weak language skills, and welcome to CJO!
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Jo, and welcome,

Just a little advice, don't do any critical listening once the capacitor were changed. They need a lot of hours to settle down. 200 hours the pre will start to giving love, 400 hours you are in love...those caps are a wonder! Stage, timbre, body, air between the musical instruments and voices, resolution and detail, and what I do like most, the musicians playing for you, there, in your own place.

Remember, don't do any critical listening...just wait, and your magic quality sound will be granted!!! It happens suddenly, you start to realise how good your system is doing.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
JoPa1078
Regular
Regular

Post by JoPa1078 »

Hola Roberto - many thanks for your valuable hints about patience after recapping. Will do.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Jo,
You can keep us posted with the changes...then a miracle happens!

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

G'day Jo from Germany,

Welcome to the elite and passionate world of highend music reproduction at its finest!
The Prem11A and Classic preamp will make a marvellous combination. It will not only provide you with endless hours of enjoyment but also a high level of musicality that is totally engaging with your speakers. It will also drive most real world speakers with an easy load, at the same time provide a lifelike quality.

Enjoy those fine tunes!
Cheers, RJ