cj classic SE phono stage

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
JoPa1078
Regular
Regular

cj classic SE phono stage

Post by JoPa1078 »

I would like to upgrade my cj classic SE with the cj phono stage. I know that this preamp is a vintage product by know, but I'm still ver satisfied with it. My question to the experts in this forum is, if someone knows if the cj phono stage is still available somewhere.
Many thanks for your support.
Jo
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: cj classic SE phono stage

Post by admin »

Most likely you would have to call CJ directly to see if they sell the phono stage alone. I have never seen a CJ Classic phono stage being sold on the used market. It would seem that it would a very unlikely item to come up on ebay/audiogon/etc.... but you never know I guess.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: cj classic SE phono stage

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I’ve never seen a classic se phono stage offered on the used market, but you do see TEA2 and TEA1 varieties from time to time. I think Steve Javaherian has a TEA2 for sale at his highperformancestereo.com web site now.

I have a TEA2MAX HG and a TEA1s1 myself. They’re both awesome. I bought both on the used market.

They have the advantage that they are stand alone components that can be used with a wide range of preamps and phono cartridges.

Further, CJ can modify these to match your particular needs. When I bought my TEA1 it went directly from Steve Javaherian to CJ to add transformers to one channel so that I could have enough gain for a Lyra Etna SL (very low output moving coil).
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.