MicroZOTL Preamp with CJ gear

Amps, preamps, speakers, cables, and any other Non-CJ products.
jahatl513
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

MicroZOTL Preamp with CJ gear

Post by jahatl513 »

I’ve been trying out a MicroZOTL preamp on my cj gear vs GAT1. I hate to say it, but using this pre and 6SN7’s has been so wonderful that I’m not sure I’m going back. The step attenuation is very very similar for a $3400 pre that plays well above its pay grade. Wondering if anyone has any other XXX Pre’s on CJ equipment? At this time I’m running my MF2500A on the set up with my Tannoy Kensington GR speakers.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: MicroZOTL Preamp with CJ gear

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Yes, I hear you Jahat...

Not in my personal experience but there's a chap who has been in correspondence with me for many years who did own one of these and was absolutely thrilled! The vfm is right up there.

However, later on as he upgraded his system towards the ARTsa amplifier, he's now using the ACT2 preamp. He also has a special version of Lamm Audio's tube monoblocks but I'm not sure if he had tried these monoblocks with the MZ pre.
Although he loved the MZ pre, he now seems to prefer the combination of the ACT2 with the Lamm amplifiers.

Also, it's something to do with a new type of sound, so when you hear something different to the norm or what you were used to, and it delivers a clean pure signal, your ears will pick that up! Enjoy matey, whatever makes you happy.

I have heard these amplifiers from MZ and I sincerely think they are well built and offer superb vfm that is untouchable!

Great stuff Jahat, keep those fine tunes playing.
Cheers mate, RJ
jahatl513
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Re: MicroZOTL Preamp with CJ gear

Post by jahatl513 »

So, I can say that the MZOTL pre is worth a listen to. Especially if your have a GAT1 or have a lesser # of CJ pre’s and want GAT size listening room. Of course I would say the same if you own a Premier 16, 17LS2 or.. ET-5; Cary Audio SLP-98 F1 edition would ROCK YOUR WORLD as well.