Praise for current CJ management

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Praise for current CJ management

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I can’t say enough good about Jeff Fischel, current leader of Conrad-johnson design.

He is trustworthy and and an honest broker.

My most recent experiences have involved an ET7s2 and a TEA1b transformer upgrade.

Jeff is one of the good guys. I highly recommend CJ based on his commitment to excellence.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Praise for current CJ management

Post by admin »

Glad to hear. I think we all had some trepidation when the ownership changed but I think CJ is in good hands.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Well said, AnotherJohnson,

I feel the same. He is a very humble person with a knowledge for every model that Conrad Johnson did make. His recommendations and his advices are pure wisdom. It is good to have a person like him at the head of the company.

Happy listening!
Last edited by roberto on Wed May 06, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

This is wonderful to read. So happy the company seems to be in very capable hands.
sleepysurf
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by sleepysurf »

Now we just need to wonder what Jeff's eventual succession plan for the company might be! <g>
Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo BDP-95 > Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions 13A. Dual ML BalancedForce 210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

roberto wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:57 am Well said, AnotherJohnson,

I feel the same. He is a very humble person with a knowledge for every model that Conrad Johnson did make. His recommendations and his advices are pure wisdom. It is good to have a person like him at the head of the company.

Happy listening!
I do think he really knows what he talks about. He’s been there for about 30 years and has been involved in all of their truly exceptional products. I’ve interacted with him since well before he took over. I was always confident in his work, but I think that the direction he’s going in makes good sense and honors the legacy of Bill and Lew.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Yes, he does.
I am in continue communication with Lew. The person that I bother is Jeff. He always answers my silly questions with a much care and patience. This kind of caring, is much appreciated. Yes, we are in good hands!

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Good to hear AJ.

I definitely agree, Top cat JF is in the house!
He's a perfectionist no doubt and has his reasons backed by a wealth of information and knowledge that's legendary.
After his term, to whom and how he passes this knowledge onto is the next chapter. Whether we'll be around to learn of it remains unclear but one thing for sure is change is inevitable.

Hence, they no longer offer the PV or MV series amplifiers, and this would have been one way for those beginners to experience the CJ sound. Now, with only the Classic series and fine ART series amplifiers, I'm affraid that the beginners or those wanting to gain access to the high end entry level gear will have to spend an awful lot more to experience CJ. Unless they were to purchase vintage gear...

CJ is clearly focused on the top guns league, I guess he has his reasons. I and a host of others whom I know who are passionate about their music just as much, would love to see some affordable line up but sadly this is not the case. Either way, there are other brands out there offering exactly this, at entry level points as well as the top tier stuff. They will gain more market share, no doubt and I'm looking at this model solely from a business point of view.

At the end of the day I believe that JF is looking at it from a pristine high quality point of view, so therefore why settle for less... Only offer the top stuff.

Just hold onto what you've got because upgrading towards the better gear is not going to be feasible in this type of economy unless you have large amounts of disposable income. I certainly don't, and I'm extremely satisfied to have been fortunate enough to own what I've managed to put together. We must be grateful for what we have.

Cheers and all the best to CJ, there's no doubt it just sounds right! RJ
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I dunno ...
If you look at the history of the company, there are many examples of entry level products just not getting any traction. Sonograph for example.

You can’t build an entry level product that sounds like a conradjohnson. Can’t be done.

You can build an entry level product, as NAD did. Engineer it in the west and build it in the cheap labor east. That’s not conradjohnson’s style. And no one would argue that NAD was true high end.

There are no successful examples of a company doing both entry level and the high end. Cambridge Audio has tried, and although their best does not approach the true high end, their entry level stuff will send you screaming from the room.

McIntosh, Audio Research, Krell, ... all sold to “groups.” I’m glad CJ sold to a man. No man can support the entry level and the high end. It’s like trying to serve two masters. There are no entry level priced offers from any of these companies.

If someone wants an entry level price, buy used. But watch out for the numbers. An MF2550 is a heck of a lot better sounding amp than an MF2200, for example. PV5, 8, and 11 sound a lot better than 6, 7, 9, 10 or 12.

You can put together a very nice system buying used. I’ve been doing it for decades. I’m not going to drop $40k on a set of monoblocks, but I’ll give $10k for them when they’re no longer the latest and greatest.

CJ’s got a legacy and current management is not “selling out” to try to suck in the mp3 loving downloaders. I like and respect that.

At the moment I am being blown away by a jazz ensemble CD. It’s called Primal Blue. The system would retail for a bit over $10k. I’ve got about $5k in it. The central element is the CJ CA150. What an incredible piece of kit.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I was reading “The Absolute Sound’s Illustrated History of High-End Audio, V2” last night and ran across a company called Spectral Audio. Their Principals made it a point that their goal was perfection without regard to economics. Their money had come from (and was coming from) other sources and business ventures.

So they don’t advertise. They build nothing for any level but the top level. They don’t change anything unless it presents a clear advancement. Their pockets are deep enough so that they do not attempt to recover R&D costs by adding to the price per unit. The cost of their gear is determined by the actual build cost (parts and labor). They also strongly believe in synergy, and so they build whole systems and even specify the interconnects (all MIT).

I thought this corporate philosophy sounded like a lot of fun. To get their dealer network you’ve got to call them.

The expectation on their end seems to be that they’ve built a better mousetrap and so people will beat a path to their door. It’s been working for them since 1977. I’d never heard of them until last night.

My point in sharing this here is that it may not be necessary for someone to cater to the entry level in order to survive.

I love what Jeff seems to be doing. I hope that there are enough others who also love it to keep CJ going. Spectral does not provide products for review.

Jeff brought up a review the other day when I was considering the ET7 to ET7s2 trade, and I told him “I don’t really care about magazine reviews. I trust you.”

This was sincere. I think he has good ears and an awful lot of insight. CJ has a distinct signature sound that I believe presents music that is very close to the best live experience, and better than most live experience. I like that CJ seems to understand that this is the right track.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola AnotherJohnson,

I greed with you that there is a kind of magical sound quality with C-J goods. Also, having a man like Jeff, we are safe. Lew is not retired. He is working in new coming projects and doing a lot research. On the other hand, I remember the Sonograph turntable that was a very low budget product that revivals other costing three or four times the cost. But, yes! Hi end products are other kind, other league. You mention Spectral. I had their preamp in the 80s. What a beauty construction and quality built. The sound was one of the best, and to my ears, smoking Mark Levinson at that time. I think that the model was DMC-10 if my mind does not tricks me. When my eyes saw at the CES their quality built, using a transparent cover, where you could see how everything was into the chassis, you knew that it was a top magical product. I did not understand their power amps sound. Perhaps at that time, my ears were not educated enough to understand their presentation.

Again, I am with you. Hi end quality sound is one thing and offering low price hi-end is another. Mr David Hafler was another very low price components and I think still Hafler is in business. Mondial Designs having Aragon and Acurus line products, having both a great quality built and design. This last company I do not know if it is still in business. There are some low price goods that enter into the high-end world, but I do believe that Conrad Johnson products belongs to the top match highest quality sound signature.

It looks that you have being into the high end world for long time and your ears also are very well educated. To get to your points and your asserts only are by the time spent into this high end world, and are very well valued points. I wish that I could express myself better in English to say better words that are into my head. The final words are: Conrad Johnson sounds right! Quality has no regret! Trust your ears, are the final judges. My liking could be the same as yours...or not.

Happy listening!
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

roberto wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:40 am Hola AnotherJohnson,

I greed with you that there is a kind of magical sound quality with C-J goods. Also, having a man like Jeff, we are safe. Lew is not retired. He is working in new coming projects and doing a lot research. On the other hand, I remember the Sonograph turntable that was a very low budget product that revivals other costing three or four times the cost. But, yes! Hi end products are other kind, other league. You mention Spectral. I had their preamp in the 80s. What a beauty construction and quality built. The sound was one of the best, and to my ears, smoking Mark Levinson at that time. I think that the model was DMC-10 if my mind does not tricks me. When my eyes saw at the CES their quality built, using a transparent cover, where you could see how everything was into the chassis, you knew that it was a top magical product. I did not understand their power amps sound. Perhaps at that time, my ears were not educated enough to understand their presentation.

Again, I am with you. Hi end quality sound is one thing and offering low price hi-end is another. Mr David Hafler was another very low price components and I think still Hafler is in business. Mondial Designs having Aragon and Acurus line products, having both a great quality built and design. This last company I do not know if it is still in business. There are some low price goods that enter into the high-end world, but I do believe that Conrad Johnson products belongs to the top match highest quality sound signature.

It looks that you have being into the high end world for long time and your ears also are very well educated. To get to your points and your asserts only are by the time spent into this high end world, and are very well valued points. I wish that I could express myself better in English to say better words that are into my head. The final words are: Conrad Johnson sounds right! Quality has no regret! Trust your ears, are the final judges. My liking could be the same as yours...or not.

Happy listening!
Roberto, your English is excellent. I “speak and read” Germanic languages, and especially Nordic languages, but no where near the level that you have mastered English. They tell me that my errors are not “annoying.” Yours are downright soothing. Keep up the good work!

Conrad Johnson definitely “sounds right.” I know that I am in for a treat every time I sit down and turn a system on.

Right now I’m listening to a Cal Collins album on vinyl with a martini (it’s 5 O’clock somewhere).

It’s audio utopia.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

One other thing ... Spectral has had as their chief engineer YET ANOTHER JOHNSON.

Keith O, William Zane, Lew ... AJ ... the list goes on and on .... :lol:
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Yup, I do know what you mean with that! and also Audio Research got one Johnson too. I am having a scotch on the rocks listening to Ella and Joe Pass, the music of Jobim. What a fantastique brazilian beat and rhythm. One of my favorites.

I am going to be nailed, because I have my analogue gear into the forgotten box. I have another saying: if you want to enjoy digital, you must stop to listen to analogue. Well, I had my issues with analogue and my issues with digital. Which of these medias are perfect? I have over 4000 LPs lying at the storage room. I am really enjoying very much my digital gear. The other day, a dear friend challenge me, and I took my computer, a couple of external hard drives and my dac...LP vs my digital gear. He also owns Conrad Johnson, pre and amp, with Avantgarde Horn speakers. He meneage to have both media about the same level, and playing both almost at the same time, with just moving a switch, both were giving love, with quality sound, having almost the same harmonic texture, and I was fooled sometimes...the were that close, until a click or tick or pops arise. Almost same image presentation, and same dynamics...very close. We chose classic piano music, digital was best, here is the only that we said digital was better. On the other calls, was very, very difficult. Of course, I was using only high definition DSD files. Sometimes I enter in the saudade mode, the sorrowful stage, missing the cleaning of the needle tip, washing the LPs with my VPI 16.5, and listening of how good my Lynn LP12 does. But, then I listen some digital tracks and my final work is Heck, this is good too, and very good.

I do not want to enter into the eternal debate of digital vs LPs. All I want is that you should give it a try for good digital stuff. My dac is an Exasound E-32, George Klissarov ( Owner of Exasound ) had designed a lot of proprietary circuits that makes this unit a jewel to my ears, to use. There is no harsh sound, the voices are projected crystal clear, and the natural bass resonances of the instruments that have that bass, is awesome. There is no lie here. The right bass resonance that it is at the recording is granted.

RJ is another analogue lover, and I know that the majority of Conrad Johnson users are more toward analogue than digital. He never had said something against my crazy liking to digital. At whatsbestforum I wrote about my findings and some approached me saying that digital was born dead. And the truth is that I was like them four years ago. I think that they said that 16 bits at 44.1KHz format is what the CD has...but I have recordings at 32 bits and a sampling rate of 11,2896MHz native. You can download this quality recordings if your dac is capable to play this sampling frequency.

I don't want to bother you with this...please have a very happy listening!
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Agreed on the points AJ & Roberto,

I fully understand the CJ sound and the concept plus their philosophy! Been a former dealer in the high-end, plus running sub-dealerships across South East Asia, with a solid network spanning Spore, Malaysia, HK, Thailand, and Indonesia. These guys have experienced CJ since the 70's, and one of whom I visit every year in Feb just to experience his awe inspiring systems, comprising of three separate ones:
1. CLX's driven by CJ's ART300'S and the GATS2 (my personal favorite of course).
2. Martin Logan Statement Evolution II's driven by Dan D'Agostino design Relentless monoblocks and Momentum preamp.
3. Alsyvox ribbons driven by Momentum monoblocks and Lamm Audio preamp

Apart from the above, in a corner he also has the Infinity IRSV'S and had the Maggie 30.7's for a short while until sold off to another dealer to make way for the Alsyvox. This maties is what I call "high end!" Obviously no where near my finances, whether this is the ultra-high-end or another dimension, it's truly special to experience this at least once a year. He also had the Apogee Diva's which I bought off him way back in 94, that's about the same time we installed CJ's premier 8A monoblocks with the ART preamp, superb stuff indeed!

Btw during that time, CJ offered both lines of entry level and high end, which were the PV, MV and Premier series for a very long time. Until...

However, you missed my point. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. What I'm trying to say... or maybe I'll provide an example; earlier this year ending Jan, I was at a particular store trading in a TT. During the brief chat, another chap walked into the same demo room with the sales rep and closed a deal on a NAD power amp and Rotel preamp. He was delighted with the combination, stating that he always loved tubes but couldn't afford maintenance... and the rep guaranteed that this combination sounds just like tubes! Total price paid 12grand! (I got to know).

Later on I visited my trusted CJ dealer, it was like coming home! I told him what took place at this other store, and we both had a good laugh... not that there's anything wrong with NAD and Rotel, used to own NAD pre-power gear myself during my student years in the U.S.. It was a marvelous thing until I could afford CJ, of course...

Anyway, at my mates place, he just sold the last PV15 for under 3grand and a MV60se (which was mine) for under 5grand, total cost of that combo 7.5k. Now that combination beats the NAD & Rotel without any comparison and going at 12grand it's not even funny!

If this chap had only known of CJ's other product line (that is no longer made...) He could have had a wonderful system and one that actually sounds like tubes!

A few weeks after, another chap walks in by appointment wanting to demo CJ gear with the possibility of purchasing provided it was within his budget. My dealer no longer had the PV nor MV series available, so he offered the ET3se and a Classic 60se. Before the demo even took place, once he had an idea of the price, he walked out!

Also, at the moment or at least for quite a while now, our $AUD Is terrible! So compared to USD when we import products from the U.S. we're spending nearly double the price for high-end gear. And this is another reason people with connections are starting to import CJ and other high-end gear through Spore, simply because it's cheaper and brand new! Or new demo items...

I'm getting very interested people asking me why CJ gear costs so much, and so they really want to experience it, just like we all did back during those PV & MV series... unfortunately it's way out of their reach and they will not buy used simply because of far too many dodgy deals going on, especially knockoffs and modified gear entering the market.
They would preferably buy new.

Quite a number of CJ dealers have closed up, including ones in the U.S, which is their own backyard! They simply cannot offer the high-end merely because the market is very small, so they now offer those entry level brands and some of them charge way above than what it's worth, just to make a sale. Again, if the PV and MV series were available, it will help those who can afford this range to experience CJ gear and start their journey towards the high-end, as we all did.

Sadly this is not the case and these lines have been discontinued. It's an executive decision and so be it. At the end of the only a handful can afford this gear. 20.5 million Americans have lost their jobs, 1.5 million Aussies have lost their jobs as well. I highly doubt that the high-end is on their minds. Although many are truly passionate about their music, they will go elsewhere. Prima Luna, Cary Audio and Cayin offer entry level, although nowhere close to CJ, it's extremely hard trying to educate the newbie without the goods...

Note: the majority of info discussed here is not my personal opinion, rather this is what's coming from dealers and others trying to survive or least offer something closey related to high-end. This is how they feel and I fully understand what they're saying because I used to be one myself. The biggest difference back then is that we had a wide array of product offerings from well known brands, including CJ. It is much harder now. However, I would also like to think that if there's a definite market out there for the true high end, then perhaps they'll find a way to get hold of CJ and similar gear. My only concern is whether they can afford it.

Cheers, RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

RJ,
My friend, those are good valuables points. Yes, Conrad Johnson is very expensive. But how can you make a good gear to sound as CJ, without the kind of parts the CJ uses? A Rolls Royce costs a fortune, and you can go from San Francisco to New York in a Kia or in a Rolls. And probably at the same time or so. But driving a Rolls and driving a Kia are totally different. The Rolls costs $ 600.000.00 and the Kia $40.000.00. The fuel consumption is going to be more with the Rolls. The maintenance costs is like an arm and a leg. But very difficult for a fair comparison.

Basically that was the reason of the Sonograph Line. To offer a good product at a fair price. The problem is that in this marketplace, there are a lot of brands and it is a butcher's land. Reviewers are part of the business. Many so called audiophiles, read a bad review and the bad mouth is spread all over, without even knowing or listened the product. Or, because a not so good sounding device, the reviewer says good things about it, the it is top match. I believe in the competition. But we must seek a good competition and I should say fair competition.

Me, as an example, I never said bad things about to other brands. What I do, is to show what my product can do and its behaviour with the program material, and ask the customer if this is his liking. I put a lot of attention to his response, and will try to fulfil what he is looking for. I ask what type of music he likes most. And who are his favourite musicians, and I will play them.

If you enter into a BMW car store or Audi, you do know that those cars are expensive. Usually you enter into a store, knowing the kind of products they sale. But selling Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo, etc, are the stores like Best Buy, where there is kid that likes reggeaton, and that's it. I had heard things that if the sun hears them, it will stop moving into the Universe.

Business on these days are very difficult. There are a lot of things going on in the world. I hope that we can survive this and sooner back to our life.

Stay safe, stay home!

Happy listening!
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Conrad Johnson is not expensive compared to comparable “boutique level” gear.

As for MF and MV as entry level, I don’t think that was the thinking when these products were new. Premier level was “no hold barred.” MV and MF, as well as PV, were always the best that could be done at a price point.

The PV5, for example, was a $1500 preamp... hardly entry level 35 years ago.

The CJ entry level has always been to enter at the used door. I enjoyed quite a bit of used MF, MV, and PV gear before I was finally willing to start buying it new several years ago.

The problem with any brand of new gear is the depreciation from “new” to “used.”

When you consider inflation over the last 40 years, CJ has current products that are targeted toward those on a budget, just like in the old days. But just like in the old days, their less costly products are still costly by most standards.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Agreed Rob mate, no doubt whatsoever.

I'm not talking about Sonograph... I'm referring to the following line up:
PV series
MV series
LP series
MF series

All of these lines were dropped and made way for just two: Classic and ART, where's the affordable factor in this is my question? What's the market and who is the customer?
Ok there's one more line, which is the ET series but that again same question.

If CJ wants to open their high end nature to the new audiophile, there has to be a starting point. I don't consider the Classic range or ART series to be that product at all. These are top tier level and not for the New Audiophile... So this type of customer that may have the finances will be omitted simply because they're not aware. They may have the passion for music and high quality recordings but how are they to experience it? That is my point.

Forget Sonograph, that's long gone!

Even their SS, what happened to that? The superb Evolution series, then the MF series, the Premier series ...It's no more.
Not even the CA200, CA150 nothing!

Hop onto their website is pretty clear, only a handful of products, all tube design and top end, basically spells out only for the wealthy!
Average financial person, with hard earned dollars, has a true inner passion for quality music... sorry look elsewhere, is the message. There's no doubt about that.

As I said, we are very fortunate to be able to afford what we have. I sincerely believe that in the future for someone wanting to own a high end product of this nature is going to have a lot of disposable income.

CJ's previous websites used to refer to that market as the "discerning audiophile" ... based on the previous business model, and so the MV and LP series were offered. They always catered to this market and that's how we all got into it. We didn't get rich overnight. I myself started with the PV series, MV series and Premier series, and worked my way up... Now if someone wants to experience CJ they have to jump straight into the Classic or ART series.

Anyway, it is what it is.

I truly wish JF all the very best in his future endeavors and I will continue to support and use CJ gear as long as finances permit. Afterall it is superb indeed!
Cheers and do keep safe mate.
RJ
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

AnotherJohnson wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:26 pm Conrad Johnson is not expensive compared to comparable “boutique level” gear.

As for MF and MV as entry level, I don’t think that was the thinking when these products were new. Premier level was “no hold barred.” MV and MF, as well as PV, were always the best that could be done at a price point.

The PV5, for example, was a $1500 preamp... hardly entry level 35 years ago.

The CJ entry level has always been to enter at the used door. I enjoyed quite a bit of used MF, MV, and PV gear before I was finally willing to start buying it new several years ago.

The problem with any brand of new gear is the depreciation from “new” to “used.”

When you consider inflation over the last 40 years, CJ has current products that are targeted toward those on a budget, just like in the old days. But just like in the old days, their less costly products are still costly by most standards.
Fully agree AJ, and point made. I'm with you on this.

At the same time, I'm thinking for example, if someone like my daughter wants to have a CA200 or a CA150... where is it? Definitely not CJ but really is after the CJ simply because according to what she's heard at home and what dad recommends... Is CJ of course! But no longer in production.

Lost customer...

Btw those two items, the CA200 & CA150 were superb! Not just in terms of VFM but also the high-end quality, they were untouchable!

So now her friend wants an all in one integrated as well, she has to buy the CAV45 but she doesn't want tubes! Another lost customer and that segment widens...

Take care mate, keep safe.
RJ
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

My kids won’t be buying any CJ gear any time soon.

The CA150, for example, was $5k at retail.

I’ve got one, and it sounds surprisingly excellent. But I bought it used ... and even then at less than 50% retail, my kids still would not spring for it as too expensive.

Will they inherit my gear eventually? Or buy their own when they’re rich? Who knows. I’m fickle and have been known to churn my inventory without notice. 😱

The younger boy (age 40) can hear the differences but doesn’t really care about them. He’s listening to the notes, not the “sound.” I don’t think the older boy can hear the differences. Both have spent a lot of time standing in front of large amps on stage, so it’s a surprise they can hear at all.

It’s ironic on some level that the greatest music lovers (the performers) are often deaf after years of exposure to live music. It is also ironic that 99% of the folks who make their living at music can barely rub two nickels together, let alone two Krugerrands.

You know, it’s funny to add LP into the list of lower level products. I think a pair of LP275s were about $25k at retail. 🤑