Vacation Picture - show us where have you been

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vacation Picture - show us where have you been

Post by admin »

Show us a picture from your last vacation! Doesn't matter if it was far away or near home. Let's see where CJ fans are going for their time off!

I'm going to start. This picture was taken in Budapest, Hungary a few weeks ago on my summer trip. Beautiful city.
Attachments
Budapest, Hungary
Budapest, Hungary
IMG_1980r.jpg (123.22 KiB) Viewed 15626 times
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vacation Picture - show us where have you been

Post by admin »

I also spent a few days in Venice and snapped this picture of a church. It's famous for the scene in "Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade" where they come out of the sewer after finding the knight's tomb, after the "X marks the spot library part".
Venice
Venice
IMG_2612.jpg (220.08 KiB) Viewed 15584 times
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
alexwu21
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by alexwu21 »

Lovely... Next time I will post some Vacation Picture as well...
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Spent a little over a week in Vienna and Prague a few weeks ago. Both beautiful cities to visit. I love the architecture...

IMG_7623.jpg
IMG_7623.jpg (274.22 KiB) Viewed 14945 times
-admin
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Recent trip to United Arab Emirates, India, and Thailand.
Dubai
Dubai
vacDubai.jpg (63.08 KiB) Viewed 14549 times
Taj Mahal
Taj Mahal
vacIndia.jpg (122.51 KiB) Viewed 14549 times
Thailand
Thailand
vacThailand.jpg (106.65 KiB) Viewed 14549 times
-admin
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Recent trip to Miami Beach. It was a great few days to get away from freezing temperatures.
MiamiBeach.jpg
MiamiBeach.jpg (202.1 KiB) Viewed 13706 times
-admin
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Haven't updated this topic in awhile. I enjoy traveling and didn't do any in the first two years of COVID. It gets pretty cold up here in the Northeast during the winter and the wife and I have decided to try and get away for a month each winter (ideally someplace warmer). We spent a month last year in the Mediterranean on the Island of Mallorca. Really great. This week we are flying down to St. Vincent in the Caribbean for a month. Have two other trips scheduled for later this year after St. Vincent so looking forward to those as well.

Of course the worst part is leaving behind the stereo!

Here are pictures of Mallorca and Iceland. Both beautiful places that I highly recommend everybody visit at one point.
Attachments
Mallorca.jpg
Mallorca.jpg (344.84 KiB) Viewed 11000 times
Iceland.jpg
Iceland.jpg (394.24 KiB) Viewed 11000 times
-admin
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Great fun!

Safe travels 🥶.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Nice one Admin! Safe travels indeed.
Woof!

BTW, don't worry about the stereo... she'll be alright until you get back. Just remember to give it a dust before playing tunes. Cheers, RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Well deserved Admin. To travel is a truly fantasy. Enjoy and have all the possible fun there. Thanks for the beautiful pics.
Bobby.
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's 3:45AM right now and I am sitting at the airport waiting to board the plane. Going to be down in St. Vincent's and the Grenadines for a month. I love going places but don't like the traveling to get there! Also miss the stereo while away. :)
-admin
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

It will be a great trip. And, unless you ski, there’s no reason to be in Bew England the next month. Heck, there will be plenty of snow to enjoy after your return. Sure you can’t stay three months?
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Wildcat
Master
Master

Post by Wildcat »

We had been exploring numerous places in the US until "the big shutdown," including some road trips with my youngest, who'd never been on long road trips before. We buy an annual pass for the national parks because of it.

But we made up for the two year gap in traveling last year. My better half and I went on two road trips, and I took part in three Lemons Rally road trips which took me to places and historical landmarks I'd never been before. (The most recent was the Great River Road Rally, from New Orleans to St. Paul MN in five days, with overnights in Vicksburg, Memphis, St. Louis and Davenport.) She also went for a "beach week" with one of her friends back in October.

This year's shaping up to have more traveling, but only if we decide the finances are holding up. I've had bad vibes about the economy and inflation, so I've stopped most of my spending on extras I don't really need. Still, we're thinking of heading west in March, and I'm already signed up for another Lemons Rally in early May (Rocky Mountain Breakdown, starting and ending in Casper WY, looping through Idaho and Montana over the course of four days), and penciled in two others--the Rust Belt Ramble (Detroit -> Kalamazoo -> Columbus -> Cleveland) mainly because the starting line is 20 minutes from the house 😁, and Fall Failiage Tour (Boston to Bangor ME, with a big loop through Maine). My youngest wants to go west again but, with her limited time off, it's only for a week vs. 2+ weeks we used to do. And my better half will have at least one other road trip in mind for summer.

I'll spare everyone the hundreds of the "Uncle Bob Vacation Photos"... 😁

A few of our checkpoints from the Great River Road...

Buddy Guy's birthplace:
PXL_20221108_202519511.jpg
PXL_20221108_202519511.jpg (4.41 MiB) Viewed 10901 times
Survey marker for the Louisiana Purchase:
PXL_20221109_220406345.jpg
PXL_20221109_220406345.jpg (4.62 MiB) Viewed 10901 times
An art deco bus depot:
PXL_20221110_153251527.jpg
PXL_20221110_153251527.jpg (3.12 MiB) Viewed 10901 times
C-J PV-14L/C-J Premier 11/Martin Logan Spires/PS Audio DirectStream Jr./PS Audio AirLens
Technics SL-1210G/Nagaoka MP500/Dynavector XX2 Mk. II/SweetVinyl SugarCube/C-J EV-1
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Those are great pictures. There is so much to see in the US. I really need to do some longer roadtrips domestically. That Greyhound bus station is great. I wish they would build more things with unique architectural design. Art Deco needs a comback.
-admin
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Good stuff maties! Keep those pics coming...

BTW Admin, are you still travelling? Didn't know you had visited Thailand BKK... my bro is in Thailand (some big shot in a big company...) he would have looked after you during your travels. Anyway, next time you pass through bkk, please get in touch! We'd be happy to host.
Cheers, RJ
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks RJ.

Would love to go back to Thailand. It was an amazing experience.

I'm still in St. Vincent. Will be coming home middle of next week.

I was exploring the island a bit the other day and came across a beutiful bay with a small beach, rock formations, a few boats in the harbor. There was a little building with a bunch of pictures from the Pirates of the Carribean movie. Apparently this is where they filmed the movie. I did not see any pirates!
Attachments
20230118_095622e1.jpg
20230118_095622e1.jpg (317.18 KiB) Viewed 10882 times
-admin
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Great pics Admin!...please keep us posted. We are enjoying your vacation too.

Have a lot of fun!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Wildcat
Master
Master

Post by Wildcat »

admin wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:55 am Those are great pictures. There is so much to see in the US. I really need to do some longer roadtrips domestically. That Greyhound bus station is great. I wish they would build more things with unique architectural design. Art Deco needs a comback.
The Greyhound bus terminal is in Blytheville, AR, and was converted into a museum. And I agree--it is a lot more interesting than the generic looking buildings we have today.

My own road trips typically take me to various national and state parks, along with other scenic areas. Moab is a favorite--traveling the unpaved roads, hiking to various arches in the area (inside and outside of Arches National Park), etc., typical of what I'd do in other areas. I use the Interstate highways to dispose of the miles, and get to the destinations for activities.

The rallies, on the other hand, make the journey itself interesting, and the organizers pick various landmarks, geographical features, rural curiosities, and other locations as checkpoints to keep it interesting. We learn some history along the way, even more so if we look online and read about each checkpoint. They can be a hectic few days, but it's always worth it. The rallies are like scavenger hunts--we get more points if we can visit as many checkpoints as possible, and additional points for other items, but have no set time limit other than to be at the finish line by a certain time on the last day. I've made a few rally friends from around the country, and seeing what they bring to drive is always entertaining. It's even more interesting to see which cars hold together long enough to finish. :mrgreen:
C-J PV-14L/C-J Premier 11/Martin Logan Spires/PS Audio DirectStream Jr./PS Audio AirLens
Technics SL-1210G/Nagaoka MP500/Dynavector XX2 Mk. II/SweetVinyl SugarCube/C-J EV-1
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's really cool. How do you find out about these ralies? Is there a central listing of start/end points and dates that they are run?
-admin
Wildcat
Master
Master

Post by Wildcat »

It's the Lemons Rally, a spinoff of the 24 Hours of Lemons endurance (?) race and the Concours d'Lemons car shows.

https://24hoursoflemons.com/lemons-rally/

I'd heard of the 24 Hours of Lemons races for years, and stumbled across the rally listings when I visited the site about five years ago. One needs a good sense of humor to partake in the Lemons events. 😁

A great write-up of three races:

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/transc ... artnws.htm

http://neilpeart.net/the-adventures-of- ... mm-part-1/

http://neilpeart.net/the-adventures-of- ... mm-part-2/