Q: Biggest dissapointment in terms of sound quality?

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Q: Biggest dissapointment in terms of sound quality?

Post by admin »

So the question is: Which album has been the biggest disappointment in terms of sound quality?

I think we have all had moments where we heard some great song on the radio, TV, video game etc, then go buy the album and play it on our high end system. The soul crushing feeling that happens when you realize that it was recorded/mixed terribly is quite a unique feeling that only an audiophile can appreciate. What's your story?

---------------------------------
One personal example is the soundtrack album to the film "Glory". The music was written by James Horner and is quite wonderful. A few tracks have some boy's choir music that is quite exceptional. I bought the soundtrack CD and put it in for a spin. After 5 seconds I knew something was wrong. The audio sounded very compressed with little if any dynamics, the clarity was rather poor as well. Almost no soundstage to speak of, like a mono recording. Great music, terrible sound. Very sad. :cry:

James Horner ‎– Glory (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Label: Virgin Records America, Inc. ‎– V2-86150
Format: CD, Album
Released: 1989
Genre: Classical, Stage & Screen
Style: Score, Modern
Attachments
Glory - Soundtrack
Glory - Soundtrack
R-1419714-1364598120-1094.jpeg (30.31 KiB) Viewed 2335 times
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
alexwu21
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: Q: Biggest dissapointment in terms of sound quality?

Post by alexwu21 »

K pop... my wife is using my CJ to play K-pop... What is she thinking... It likes put some spicy on a cup of English Tea....