AXPONA in Chicago 2013

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
eagle6014
Pro
Pro

AXPONA in Chicago 2013

Post by eagle6014 »

Anyone here going to or have already attended the 2013 AXPONA show in Chicago? I went yesterday the 8th. It was very easy to get to and the only money I spent was $13 for garage parking + the $12 for the advance tix. And tolls n' fuel to get there. It was my first time attending a show of this magnitude. Everyone there was very nice and even though I knew I was over my head in intelligence, they didn't seem to mind. Most manufacturers were not concerned w/ your intelligence as they were your pocket book. Sadly I saw only one display that had c-j. I wasn't able to get into the room b/c it was mobbed. I did get a glimpse of it, but alas I cannot remember what amp it was. It could have been and LP70S. I do recall that it was in the Tyler speaker room though.

Now normally I'm a fan of Nordost cables, but the Dana cables vendor on the Mezzanine level was very nice. Their Diamond interconnects impressed me the most. Their look and feel oozed quality at $1100/m pair. I also got to hear the Sony SS-AR1 speakers powered by Hegel components and wired with Nordost Odin. Most impressive indeed. I got to meet Bill Dudleston owner and chief designer of Legacy speakers. I got a pic w/ him that I will include on this posting below. Bill is on the right and I'm on the left. I guess if I had to evaluate who had the best sounding system it was the Herron audio room. I also got to meet the founder of Herron audio. He played some sweet music through his tubed pre and mono-blocs using a VPI classic 3 t/t. I sat there the longest of any room. It was so nice I didn't want to leave. Well I would love to hear any comments about the show if you got to attend. I'm hoping they will put on the show again next yr in Chicago. Pat
Me and Bill
Me and Bill
DSCN1522.JPG (698.5 KiB) Viewed 560 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AXPONA in Chicago 2013

Post by admin »

Very cool. I'm glad you had fun. Unfortunately, I find it really hard to get to any audio shows. I live about an hour from Boston, but I am simply not aware of any around this region. Are you aware of any central listings of audio shows one can simply search?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
eagle6014
Pro
Pro

Post by eagle6014 »

Sorry, I don't have any connections to up coming shows. For many moons I wanted to grab a plane, a rental car, & a hotel just to attend a show somewhere. But I never could get the motivation to do that. But when this show came to Chicago, I jumped all over it. I also realize that a show like this can be seen in 3-4 hrs at best & then your done. So it was good I didn't fly half way across the country for one. Before I went, I made a list of the equipment I wanted to see & where they were located in the bldg. So I made a methodical path to see those on my list. I was disappointed in two things though. Berkeley Audio Design wasn't there even though it was listed. I really wanted to see their dac combo. And secondly, c-j wasn't officially represented. Like I said, only one c-j amp was there & that was because a vender brought his own unit. Maybe next time. Pat
rthomeint
Advanced
Advanced

Post by rthomeint »

I talked to the Local CJ dealer and he is trying to have a room next year. He is trying to see if he can get CJ and other lines he carried to help supplement the cost of exhibiting.
eagle6014
Pro
Pro

Post by eagle6014 »

Sounds good to me. Rumour is that the next Chicago show will be much bigger by comparison. Plus this time I will have a lot more knowledge about the gear and more importantly what I want to buy. The discounts on some things being sold there were awesome. Mainly demo and used cables were the best bargains. If I had just brought a few hundred in cash I could have made some great upgrades. See y'all there. Pat