photography

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
miatadan
Advanced
Advanced

photography

Post by miatadan »

Anyone into photography here? Love my Nikon D600 dslr....full frame sensor is so great :D
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: photography

Post by admin »

I got into black and white photography when I was in college. Shooting on film, and then subsequently into digital photography as well. Unfortunately, it is a hobby that I did not continue. Just slowly stopped taking pictures... not sure why. My main interest was in taking architectural pictures while visiting places in Europe. All black and white. I should get back into it, but the "music thing" takes up most of my hobby time now. :)
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by jeffreybehr »

miatadan wrote:Anyone into photography here? Love my Nikon D600 dslr....full frame sensor is so great :D
...and 'system' cameras (or MILCs, a term that has never caught on) are great, too, for guys like me who got tired of carrying 25 or 30 pounds of full-frame Canon bodies and lenses. I now shoot a Samsung NX20 with 4 lenses, and they're sure good enough for me, now. My entire rig, including CF tripd, weights about 11 pounds v. about 25 pounds for the Canon 5D rig.

I used to shoot landscapes in SW US...mostly the Colorado Plateau...but with arthritis and a recent knee replacement, I haven't been out for a few years. There's some of my work at
http://jeffreybehr.zenfolio.com/

and more including some landscapes at
http://s89.beta.photobucket.com/user/je ... 9271144377
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jeffreybehr wrote:
miatadan wrote:Anyone into photography here? Love my Nikon D600 dslr....full frame sensor is so great :D
...and 'system' cameras (or MILCs, a term that has never caught on) are great, too, for guys like me who got tired of carrying 25 or 30 pounds of full-frame Canon bodies and lenses. I now shoot a Samsung NX20 with 4 lenses, and they're sure good enough for me, now. My entire rig, including CF tripd, weights about 11 pounds v. about 25 pounds for the Canon 5D rig.

I used to shoot landscapes in SW US...mostly the Colorado Plateau...but with arthritis and a recent knee replacement, I haven't been out for a few years. There's some of my work at
http://jeffreybehr.zenfolio.com/

and more including some landscapes at
http://s89.beta.photobucket.com/user/je ... 9271144377
Wow, some really nice shots in there. The colors in those landscapes pictures are just incredible.

And a happy birthday to you as well!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by jeffreybehr »

admin wrote:Wow, some really nice shots in there. The colors in those landscapes pictures are just incredible.

And a happy birthday to you as well!
TY and TY. 69 today; will be supping with my daughter, husband and 2 daughters, son and (serious) GF, and wonderful wife. Life is really good. :D
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
camusmuse
Pro
Pro

Post by camusmuse »

I got into BW in HS and College as well. Would of had a minor in it, but they changed the requirements before I graduated, and I was done taking classes that point. I had your typical beginners gear. A friend of mine's dad had a bunch of "old" lenses that fit minolta, so that is what I got first. Took alot with those, sadly someone walked off with the bag, my friend's father's lenses, my camera, and some of the best stuff I had shot to date, about 15 undeveloped rolls of old machinery from the turn of the century.....long story there).

So I sucked it up and bought a canon ae-1p and a fisheye lense(hey, I was 18...and EVERYTHING look cool though a good(read expensive/Canon) fisheye...lol. Ironically most of my "decent" work is also of architecture....lemme see if photobucket still has any of mine left in there...lol.....

I did double duty on this one,took the picture of a mirror reflecting a mantle that my father and I built from old floor joists that were recycled from old buildings being torn down in downtown St. Louis,MO. My father did almost all of the wood work for a period of time at this location, including what I remember to be an 18 member custom crown moulding(I helped with the 1/4" chinese dental moulding), and a spiral staircase, again all from "old" material. Miss those days terribly.....

Will have to look for others that I scanned. I still have an enlarger and most of the gear, though as I watched the digital age come upon us the Canon AE1P and the f17 lense both went on fleabay to pay the bills....ugh....