House of Cards (on Netflix)

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
Ray
Super Pro
Super Pro

House of Cards (on Netflix)

Post by Ray »

Anyone having a look at the Netflix production "House of Cards"?
Jeff Beal did the theme/music, I've become a big fan of his since the music he did for the CBS/Jesse Stone movies.
I'm hoping the HOC music gets released on CD at some point.
-------------------------------------------------
Magnepan 20.7
Conrad Johnson ART 300
Conrad Johnson GAT V2
Meitner MA 1 V2
Custom Server running MC 23
Dual Synology 1512+ 12 TB total storage
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: House of Cards (on Netflix)

Post by admin »

I may have to check that out. My fiancee and I liked the Jesse Stone movies and their soundtracks. Never really heard of Jeff Beal before. Maybe it's time to pick up a CD or two (if they release the soundtracks).
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Ray
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Ray »

The Jesse Stone series soundtrack was on CD at one point, but it's apparently long since out of "print". You can apparently get it on MP3 via Jeff Beal's web site.
In any case, I've tried for about a year to get the Jesse Stone CD..no luck. Oh and I like the Jesse Stone movies also! Not sure if any more are coming, who knows.

When I heard the House of Cards theme song right off, then when I saw Jeff Beal as the writer It hit me, yea, that sounds like him.

Ah, news flash, I just checked his site http://jeffbeal.com/ and it mentions a "House of Cards" Soundtrack coming. :)
Magnepan 20.7
Conrad Johnson ART 300
Conrad Johnson GAT V2
Meitner MA 1 V2
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cool. I will have to check his website and see what's available. I would rather get it on CD, or some other lossless format than mp3, but I'll take what I can get. :)

As for future Jesse Stone movies I think it's questionable. I thought I remember reading an interview with Tom Selleck somewhere and he mentioned that the production costs were getting very high for the movies (I believe he actually had to put some of his own money into the last one to get it made) so that is the essential barrier.
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Ray
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Ray »

admin wrote:Cool. I will have to check his website and see what's available. I would rather get it on CD, or some other lossless format than mp3, but I'll take what I can get. :)

As for future Jesse Stone movies I think it's questionable. I thought I remember reading an interview with Tom Selleck somewhere and he mentioned that the production costs were getting very high for the movies (I believe he actually had to put some of his own money into the last one to get it made) so that is the essential barrier.
I know what you mean about the "MP3, I've built a library of all FLAC, a few WAV, all CD or higher rez (some 24bit/196khz)
at this point I've not "polluted" the library with any MP3!

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that at some point CBS will wise-up and pay the $$ for a couple more Jesse Stone movies.
Heck I want to see what happens with Hasty (Saul Rubinek) running off on that motorboat at the end of the last one!

I'll be you had fun playing in the snow today... We got around a foot (Northwest NJ)
Magnepan 20.7
Conrad Johnson ART 300
Conrad Johnson GAT V2
Meitner MA 1 V2
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We got about 2 feet of snow overnight! I got lucky as one of my neighbor's friends came over with his plow truck to clear his driveway, and I guess he saw us shoveling and came over to do ours. I thought that was really nice. We have a pretty long driveway so it saved me a couple of hours of shoveling! I think I'm going to buy a snow blower this year. :)
-admin
Ray
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Ray »

admin wrote:We got about 2 feet of snow overnight! I got lucky as one of my neighbor's friends came over with his plow truck to clear his driveway, and I guess he saw us shoveling and came over to do ours. I thought that was really nice. We have a pretty long driveway so it saved me a couple of hours of shoveling! I think I'm going to buy a snow blower this year. :)
I suspect snow blower sales are through the roof at this point. I went a long time without one, but they sure are handy for even that once or twice a year storm like this one.
....of course yesterday when I was about 3/4 way through the snow clearing, the Auger-Drive belt gave out on mine :cry: and I was forced to revert to the backup plan. :cry: :cry:
'my own fault, I should have replaced the belt years ago! :x :x :x
Magnepan 20.7
Conrad Johnson ART 300
Conrad Johnson GAT V2
Meitner MA 1 V2