Christmas comes early

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
Animal
Frequent User
Frequent User

Christmas comes early

Post by Animal »

The Post Man left me a surprise in the mailbox yesterday.

I was supposed to wait to open this for Christmas, but.... uh, I needed to make sure it was alright. Yeah. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Christmas comes early

Post by admin »

Wow, that's pretty scary. :) There must be some kind of story behind this is if you are asking for this for Christmas. It looks like a large beach towel or blanket?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Animal
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Animal »

Scroll down to the bottom:
http://www.dgmlive.com/diaries.htm?arti ... ntry=22150

I was under the impression that one of the most iconic album covers in the history of rock and roll would be instantly recognized. The error is mine.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing this album cover. I don't own the album however. I think I was thrown off as the picture was clearly not a CD, but rather a sheet/blanket. My bad, I should have known! :) Your going to have to give a review of the King Crimson album!
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Ray
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Ray »

that album is one of several that I've owned in several forms over the years...starting in vinyl.

..and it lives today in digital (Flac of course) :D

-------------------------------------------------
Magnepan 20.7
Conrad Johnson ART 300
Conrad Johnson GAT V2
Meitner MA 1 V2
Custom Server running MC 23
Dual Synology 1512+ 12 TB total storage
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

X-mas has not come early but now is very close. I can't wait to see what kind of audio/video goodies are underneath the Christmas tree....

I will try to post some pictures after the "unwrapping ceremonies."
-admin
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When I think of Christmas, this is what goes through my mind:
Attachments
CJXmas.jpg
CJXmas.jpg (215.89 KiB) Viewed 8292 times
-admin
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I promised to show some pictures of Christmas goodies left under the tree.

Here are some Laserdiscs that my family bought me (I collect/watch laserdiscs as a hobby). I was pretty darn excited!
Attachments
Laserdiscs
Laserdiscs
IMG_3892.jpg (153.44 KiB) Viewed 8263 times
-admin
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Continuing the Conrad Johnson Christmas tradition....

-admin
camusmuse
Pro
Pro

Post by camusmuse »

Well though technically it came early, I just opened it...sadly I still dont have my turntable setup(why I wasnt in a big hurry to open my lone gift this year...gotta love the economy, but oh well, something better than nothing. Thank You wifey...she just loves it when I call her that....lol).
Not sure if anyone has this particular Charlie Byrd recording, but thought I would share. Its one of my "standards" that I used to "tune" systems...yes I have listened to it way too many times to count....:) This is my second copy, the first was practically worn out when I got it....this "new" copy looks fairly pristine. Will rip it to HD(lossless) once the Thorens is setup(needs a mild overhaul), and only bring out the vinyl to the table on "special occasions". Always thought it was cool it played at 45rpm, to my humble ears it is rather well performed and recorded as well. Not the best, but certainly better than most. Anyone have thoughts on the play speed of 45 instead of 33?

Anyway, Belated Happy Holidays....lol
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Another Christmas is here,... can't wait to see what's under the tree....

-admin
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Love that photo Gabor.

Merry Christmas everyone.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Some of the audio/video goodies found underneath the Christmas tree this year.
Attachments
20151226_144508r_2.jpg
20151226_144508r_2.jpg (145.78 KiB) Viewed 6820 times
-admin
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just wanted to wish everybody a very happy holiday season. Best wishes from CJO to you and all your loved ones!

CJO Xmas Video 2017

-admin
ronenash
Pro
Pro

Post by ronenash »

King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King!!

Indeed iconic and instantly recognizable. Enjoy the Evolution. Fantastic amp.

Mary Christmas.
ronenash
----
Power:CJ ART150, Beard P100, McCormack DNA500, Krell FPB300
Pre:CJ ACT2.1, Pr14, Pr15
Analog:VPI Classic/Falcon/SoundSmith Denon 103R, Lenco L75 rebuild
Digital:J.River-->Chord 2Qude
Speakers:SF Amati Futura
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ronenash wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:35 am King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King!!

Indeed iconic and instantly recognizable. Enjoy the Evolution. Fantastic amp.

Mary Christmas.
It seems like King Crimson is not on any of the music streaming services. One of the last holdouts.... kind of a shame. Great music.
-admin
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

All the very best to you too Admin,

great forum here and hope it gets better for the long term... once a CJ owner, an owner for life!

Merry Christmas & cheers to all,
big woof, RJ
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A very happy holidays to all!

-admin
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Merry Xmas to all from Costa Rica.

I was born on the 25th, and also the present for my brother Arturo, who is 3 years older than me. I was born at my grandma's house. She lived a block away from the hospital, and because my parents lived at an away farm, my mom told to my dad: Let's spend Xmas at your mother's house. I am almost ready and because we live so far from the hospital, it will make me feel safer going there. My brother was asking a brother as a Xmas present. I was born around 4 o'clock in the morning. Once I was totally cleaned up, I was laid on top of a table next to the Xmas tree, my father woke my brother up, and told him, come a see your Xmas gift!!! A true history, even today, he still says to me that I belong to him, because I was his Xmas present!

A BIG HUG TO ALL WISHING TO YOU MERRY CHRISTMAS AND WITH THE BEST FOR THIS COMING 2020!!!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Just thought I'd send some best wishes to all, from down unda... We're already into Xmas over here, Dec 25th 2019!
Cheers to all, and have a blast! Be merry, be safe, and most of all, enjoy the music!
Cheers to CJ's marvellous amplifiers and all their products offered over the decades... Just sounds right!
RJ