CJ ET3SEHPhono Cartridge

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
Ricpan
Regular
Regular

CJ ET3SEHPhono Cartridge

Post by Ricpan »

Have the high gain phono stage on my ET3SE and need a new cart. My Soundsmith has to much gain at 2.2MV. Thinking about a Ortofon Cadenza Black or Windfeld witch has .3MV output. Is .3MV going to be too Low?
joarfeve
Beginner
Beginner

Re: CJ ET3SEHPhono Cartridge

Post by joarfeve »

Hmmm... mine is low gain paired with a Bob Devices SUT...my dealer recommended this setup because my Dynavector is 0.26mv and even for the ET3SE high gain phono section is too low... anyway... the results are outstanding let me tell you...
CJ Classic Sixty SE+KT120/ET3SE+Phono Stage+ BD Cinemag 1131/REGA RP8+TKR/REGA Saturn/REGA DAC/Magnepan .7/Oppo 95/AQ Niagara-NRG100-JPS Digital AC X/AQ K2/AQ Niagara 1000
Ricpan
Regular
Regular

Post by Ricpan »

Yes I though of Bob Devices . Never use a sut and with the high gain ET3 not sure if I need it.
petertg
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by petertg »

I use an Audio-technica at33ptg (0.3mv) with my TEA2 and Pr16ls which has a similar gain structure to your preamp and I get by. If I crank the volume past 65 I start to hear tube noise. It depends on the input sensitivity of your amp and how loud you like to listen, but you will definitely be at the margin.
Ricpan
Regular
Regular

Post by Ricpan »

Thanks for your reply. I'm using my backup cart now Zyx R100 which works nicely at .48mv. I have a Audio Technica Art 9 coming in next week that's .5mv that should be about perfit. I have an AT 33 that I've enjoyed on my wife's table but broke the cantilever and haven't gotten fit. Audio Technica are a great value.