Any new CJ gear showing at RMAF this weekend?

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Any new CJ gear showing at RMAF this weekend?

Post by joeinid »

I do this all the time, but hopefully CJ will be there with some new gear. Fingers crossed. I have friends attending and they will let me know if they see anything new from CJ.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any new CJ gear showing at RMAF this weekend?

Post by admin »

Great, keep us informed.... and some pictures if you see anything!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

I'll pass along everything that I'm told and shown.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

So far all quiet on the western front. CJ seems to be MIA, sadly. :(
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Hey there Joe,
How''s it going?

That wouldn't be surprising, given the state of the economy the way things are going. The US is about to engage in another conflict in the middle east, and they're banking on Russia to help this time. The manufacturing industry that Australia is so dependent on with China (since 99% of commodities are made in China); has caused a lot of jobs to shut down, happened to our outfit in May. Massive job cuts; hence now the priorities have changed for most families & house holds...

Having said that; I strongly feel that c-j may need to expand its entry to mid- level gear if it wants to survive and remain "made in the USA." I was discussing this very same topic with Eve Anna Manley from Manley Labs around 12 years ago, and now it is clearly starting to show.

C-j maybe taking a back seat for a while just to check / plan out their next strategy in terms of new gear for the remainder of 2015, and price point factor for 2016. Nearly all of the top notch names (c-j ARC, VTL, Mac and so on) are well aware of the Chinese designs coming out from HK and China itself, and guess what? They are fine components at a fraction of the cost.

Whiles I was reviewing my future plans, managed to start a couple of viable projects in Aug without having to go homeless... I was using a small 300B integrated from Jas Audio, at just 8 watts SE it was marvelous driving the Quads. Of course it didn't have the dynamic contrasts, extended airy highs and smooth midrange of c-j but my golly for the price, which was peanuts compared to c-j gear, it was a real pleasure to experience even for a short while.

Although now, I do have a new Classic 60SE partnered with my ACT2, I can confidently say that during those months of hardship, I didn't miss the high-end gear at all. The Jas 300B was highly musical, and similarly there are many out there that offer very good sound for fraction of the cost. I do know for a fact that c-j will be watching this market carefully before making a show. Apart from that, both founders Lew & Bill are qualified economists by nature, so they will know how to survive in this game.

By the way, I see that you have a pair of Cary 300B's. Those are awesome amps, you must try them with electrostats, they'll create some magic!
Cheers Joe and have a good one,
RJ
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Thank you for the response RJ. I hope all is better now. I remember when you had to post about selling some gear. I was very sad for you.

I started a new thread on Quads. Can you tell me what you love about them there?
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Hey Joe, great to hear from you mate.
Where did you start the thread on Quads? Yes, I can certainly contribute to the Quad experience having owned several iterations of it plus maggies. Would also be good to learn from others experiences with stats.

Take care bud, cheers RJ
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think this is the thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=797
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.