CJ New Product line rumors

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
mgomez
Beginner
Beginner

CJ New Product line rumors

Post by mgomez »

Will the current product line change soon? Are the rumors true? ET 5 or wait. The GAT is simply too expensive. MG, Reno, Nevada
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CJ New Product line rumors

Post by admin »

I have not heard about a product change recently. I wouldn't be surprised if they did start to offer some new models. May I ask where you heard these "rumors?"
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Ray
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Ray »

I've not heard anything specific either, beyond Ed retiring and them updating/reconfiguring the pwr amps a bit.
...since the preamp line is fairly new overall, I'd expected things to remain the same there for awhile....but ya never know and i have zero inside info.
If I'm not mistaken, ET5 is the newest preamp in the line.???
-------------------------------------------------
Magnepan 20.7
Conrad Johnson ART 300
Conrad Johnson GAT V2
Meitner MA 1 V2
Custom Server running MC 23
Dual Synology 1512+ 12 TB total storage
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ray wrote:I've not heard anything specific either, beyond Ed retiring and them updating/reconfiguring the pwr amps a bit.
...since the preamp line is fairly new overall, I'd expected things to remain the same there for awhile....but ya never know and i have zero inside info.
Ed is retiring? Damn, that will be a loss to the community as it seems like he was the "go to" guy over there for any problems.
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Ray
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Ray »

from what I gather he's already gone, although Melissa at CJ remains in contact with him.

There is a thread over at another Forum regarding this, I didn't want to cut/paste anything without permission.
I can mention the other forum if appropriate, if anyone would like to find out a bit more and/or get a note to Ed.
Magnepan 20.7
Conrad Johnson ART 300
Conrad Johnson GAT V2
Meitner MA 1 V2
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ray wrote:from what I gather he's already gone, although Melissa at CJ remains in contact with him.

There is a thread over at another Forum regarding this, I didn't want to cut/paste anything without permission.
I can mention the other forum if appropriate, if anyone would like to find out a bit more and/or get a note to Ed.
Sad to hear that he is no longer with CJ.

As for posting other forum info: If you would like, you can post a link to the other forum site. I know that some forum sites forbid posting links to other forums, but that is not the case at CJO. I don't mind driving traffic to other sites if it's audio related. The intent of CJO is NOT to compete with other forum sites, but merely to complement other content on the internet.
-admin
Ray
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Ray »

Magnepan 20.7
Conrad Johnson ART 300
Conrad Johnson GAT V2
Meitner MA 1 V2
eagle6014
Pro
Pro

Post by eagle6014 »

If y'all will direct your attention to the Spearit Sound web site, click on the product line C-J to the left, then go to pg 4 you will see a description of the new Classic 2 pre. The link they are installing is still very new, but some info is there on this pre. Maybe it's something to consider. Sad to here about Ed leaving C-J. I've talked to him twice myself. If he's earned a good retirement, then I wish him the best. Pat
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good read. Still makes me sad that Ed will not be the one picking up the phone the next time I call CJ.
-admin
miatadan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by miatadan »

admin wrote:
Ray wrote:I've not heard anything specific either, beyond Ed retiring and them updating/reconfiguring the pwr amps a bit.
Ed is retiring? Damn, that will be a loss to the community as it seems like he was the "go to" guy over there for any problems.
yes Ed was well known for helping people with their Conrad Johnson products, this mentioned on Audio Aficionado as well
Mcbrion
Regular
Regular

Post by Mcbrion »

By the way, has anyone else noticed that the new Classic 2 preamp is going to be using one 6922 tube instead of the (two) current 8080 tubes?

While waiting for them to respond to my email about when to send in my preamp to upgradeto the SE version, I meandered over to their site just to check it out, and saw, as another poster mentioned in another thread, that they had updated the Classic to version 2, but also noticed the change to one 6922 tube (like the ET3).

That should make it clear when the tube needs changing: just keep a spare on hand, and, when in doubt, pop the old one out and compare with the spare!
Ray
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Ray »

Ah yes, I had noticed the Classic 2 will be 6922 based..this makes the entire stereo preamp line now 6922 based.
Actually the Classic 2, ET3 and ET5 all have a single 6922, with GAT having a 6922 per channel. Interesting.
One thing for sure, it'll give Classic owners many more options for tube-rolling!
Magnepan 20.7
Conrad Johnson ART 300
Conrad Johnson GAT V2
Meitner MA 1 V2