New Ownership for Conrad-Johnson

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Ownership for Conrad-Johnson

Post by admin »

Wow. This is some big news. I look forward to seeing what a young(er) head of the company will do with their future product lines. I for one would definitely like to see CJ branch out into different equipment (other then amps and preamps). I think the news of a first ever CJ headphone amp is very exciting.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Makes me happy to see a plan going forward.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

No doubt!

It is certainly good to see that the reins are handed over to a person who not only knows about the brand and what it stands for but also someone who is passionate about CJ. This is very important in order to continue the great work and all the tedious hard work that was put in to it from the beginning, making CJ a true American icon in tube amplification. Similar products come to mind being bold and true to their high fidelity in sound- ARC, McIntosh, VTL, Manley Labs and so on...

However, there are a few (I have owned as well) who have passed along the reins to the wrong camp, ending up in utter disaster. Not only does quality suffer but also the brand in terms of what it previously stood for and what it was originally known for. Sadly these new companies / owners don't have any clue in what sound they're after. This also causes a chain reaction to dealerships as well...

It is actually quite superb to know that CJ is allowing a special person from Tech to hold fort and lead the way, this is the way it should be. After all it is technical knowledge that is at the heart of any high-end quality system. Not just looks and size of the company...

Hats off to CJ and many more decades of superb sounding musical instruments.
Cheers to all CJ owners!
RJ
Bluesbob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bluesbob »

The changing of the guard at c-j was inevitable, but this may be the best of the recent ownership changes that have been happening lately in hi-end audio. Jeff did the C-1 upgrade on my pv11, along with a new volume control, tubes, and who knows what else. I can truly say my pre-amp is now not only better than ever, but also better than anything I could buy for 2X or 3X the cost of the overhaul. It is truly a wonderful sounding pre. I think the Conrad-Johnson brand is not only in good hands, but probably the best possible.
"What, me worry?"