Alan's System

Post your system to the site for everyone to see!
adeep42
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Alan's System

Post by adeep42 »

Meant to get around to this for a while. My only piece of CJ equipment is a CA200 that I bought on Audiogon about a year ago. It's actually the finest SS "integrated" I've ever heard. When the new CA150 was announced, I got in touch with the company and the person who I was corresponding with said stay with the much older CA200, it's far superior.
Attachments
FullSizeRender 5.jpg
FullSizeRender 5.jpg (76.89 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Alan's System

Post by admin »

Wow, that looks great. Really nice setup. So do you do most of your listening via the speakers or the headphones?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
adeep42
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by adeep42 »

Thank you admin, most of my listening is speakers. Usually use the phones late night or early weekend mornings when the rest of my crew is still in bed, however sometimes they're just fun to listen to. Btw, the headphone amp is a Bottlehead Crack kit with the Speedball mod that I recently built. Totally quiet so it compliments the CA200 beautifully.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Wow, beautiful setup. I had the CA200 and could kick myself for selling it. I absolutely loved that piece, even more than compared to the Premier 350 that people regard so highly.
adeep42
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by adeep42 »

Thanks Joe. Totally agree, the CA200 is a keeper. Doesn't matter how old it is. It's just one of those great hi-fi anomalies.

A.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

Amen.

:)
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
C-J CA200
Polk T50
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6, Kimber IC, Q-Audio SC, Blue Circle and Acrolink power cords; PSA Juice Bar and Duet PLC
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

Over the few years I've owned it, I find the CA200 is sensitive to a number of factors. I've experimented with aftermarket fuses for the external mains fuse using HiFi-Tuning Gold, SilverStar and Supreme and AMR Gold. My favorite has been the SilverStar which I also use on the four B+/B- rails. Power cords is another area that responds and have settled on PranaWire Satori after trying Shunyata Taipan Alpha, TelWire, Bybee Golden Goddess, Acrolink 7N-4030II, and Audience powerChord e. Each makes a difference, sometimes subtle and sometimes not. For whatever reason I haven't found really big differences in terms of interconnects and speaker cables which surprised me. Currently using Acoustic Revive RCA-PA and XLO Signature 3.1 for interconnects and XLO Signature 5.1 as the speaker cables.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
C-J CA200
Polk T50
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6, Kimber IC, Q-Audio SC, Blue Circle and Acrolink power cords; PSA Juice Bar and Duet PLC
adeep42
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by adeep42 »

Hi Joe, Thanks for all that info. Very thought provoking. Have experimented in the past with other amps and various fuses and various interconnects. Currently, all my interconnects are Signal Cable, power cords are PSB, speaker cables are Audioquest Gibraltar. I'm so pleased with the way things are now I've been basically content to just listen to music. Am in the process of upgrading phono-pre. Who knows where and when next project will happen.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

yes indeed. my dealer buddy just got one in for a trade up to another brand altogether. I think the previous customer wanted to venture down the path of Naim gear.
Anyway, what a classic piece of cj gear, the ca200 still sounds superb and plenty of drive with top end Vandersteens, sounds incredible!