ET250S - Bangladesh

Post your system to the site for everyone to see!
javedbk
Regular
Regular

ET250S - Bangladesh

Post by javedbk »

I think I've solved the ground loop issue and so my Icon Audio Pre is back on.
Attachments
ET250S w/Icon Audio LA4 Mk.3 + ML Purity
ET250S w/Icon Audio LA4 Mk.3 + ML Purity
75581_10152613302945584_1485653335_n.jpg (91.17 KiB) Viewed 2607 times
The current heart of my system
The current heart of my system
DSCF0402-2.jpg (59.49 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
The IA LA4 Mk.3 Pre with stock tubes n caps
The IA LA4 Mk.3 Pre with stock tubes n caps
DSCF0398-2.jpg (79.67 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
Last edited by javedbk on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ET250S - Bangladesh

Post by admin »

Wow, very nice. Definitely my kind of system,... Martin Logan's paired with a big Conrad Johnson amp! :)

In experimentation with my Martin Logan's, I found that speaker placement made a huge difference in the acoustic quality of the setup. Did you find this to be the same? I have my Vantages about 5 feet off my front wall as this proved to offer the best sound. I have heard others say that they can get it pretty close to the wall without problems, but I think this depends on the room and the speaker itself.

Once again, very nice setup, I look forward to seeing more of it!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
javedbk
Regular
Regular

Re: ET250S - Bangladesh

Post by javedbk »

Thank you Admin... :D Looks like you also have a similar system... I guess great men think alike.. ;)

I must say I agree with you on the ML's needing to be placed just right. I've placed mine roughly 4 1/2 feet off the front wall (similar to you)...(room = 20'H x 25'W x 30'L).. 7' apart.. very slightly toed in.. I don't know if this is the best placement but have kept it there for the last few months... sounds just right..

And yes again, the sweet spot is quite narrow...but it did expand when the CJ amp was put into the mix (I was previously running the Puritys' built-in B&O amps directly with the Icon Audio pre albeit with a very basic BELKIN interconnect because I didn't have RCA cables long enough to put the MLs as far apart as I wanted to)..

The soundstage of the ET250S is awesome - has plenty of muscle/headroom - not the most analytical but very musical IMO.. I think I'm going to hang on to these for some time.

Thanks again and its wonderful to be part of CJO!