MrAcoustat Keep it simple system

Post your system to the site for everyone to see!
MrAcoustat
Frequent User
Frequent User

MrAcoustat Keep it simple system

Post by MrAcoustat »

Hi fellow members here is my system.

The system

Chord Duo CPM-2600 integrated amplifier & Model One cd player

Acoustat 1+1s speakers ( 1984 ) modified 2011 - 2012

Last edited by MrAcoustat on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chord CPM 2600 integrated amplifier
Chord One cd player
Acoustat 1+1 electrostatic speakers
Living without Acoustat is possible BUT senseless
A good lawyer knows the law A great one knows the judge
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MrAcoustat Keep it simple system

Post by admin »

Wow, nice looking system and room. Those towers look enormous!

I have some questions about the room however. I see you have quite a few hard surfaces. When I was building my hometheater that was an issue as I found that my bare walls and hardwood floors made the room very "bright." I put down a large carpet and put over 150 acoustic foam panels on the walls which greatly helped. Do you have any issues like this? I find that every room is different and some people get away without any sound treatments and they're fine, while other rooms become "echoy" and too bright.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
MrAcoustat
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by MrAcoustat »

Hi admin, no issue what so ever this is a living room and it as to look like one, i have two love seats and one lazyboy all in leather that is good for a room, it's not the best but it's not the worst either.
Chord One cd player
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It appears that you did a great job of mixing the "living room requirements" with a dedicated listening room. Prior to having a dedicated home theater room for my "toys" I had my setup in a family room as well. Speakers were always a little too close to the wall or some other minor deficiency. Nonetheless, it worked out well and the sound was very good. I think that your room has certain natural acoustic benefits such as the slanted wall with the fireplace. Also, the textured surface of fireplace wall probably does a good job of diffusing the reflections. The best is when you can have small acoustic improvements as well as an aesthetically pleasing environment. Once again, great job, the system looks very nice!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
MrAcoustat
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by MrAcoustat »

admin wrote:It appears that you did a great job of mixing the "living room requirements" with a dedicated listening room. Prior to having a dedicated home theater room for my "toys" I had my setup in a family room as well. Speakers were always a little too close to the wall or some other minor deficiency. Nonetheless, it worked out well and the sound was very good. I think that your room has certain natural acoustic benefits such as the slanted wall with the fireplace. Also, the textured surface of fireplace wall probably does a good job of diffusing the reflections. The best is when you can have small acoustic improvements as well as an aesthetically pleasing environment. Once again, great job, the system looks very nice!
Thank you very much, you may want to know what is this guy doing here he doesn't have any Conrad Johnson gear in his system and you would be right BUT i'm a great fan of CJ i have many friends using CJ preamps with solid state amplifiers i myself owned a PV-5 - Premier Three - Premier Ten - Premier Fourteen - before going with integrated amplifiers when moving to a condo downgraded the system because of space ( no more dedicated room ) and chose an all Chord setup for the living room that's the story folks.

PS: That Evolution 2000 is a GREAT amplifier you are a very lucky guy to have such a unit.
Chord One cd player