Some CJ gear I've had along the way and miss ...

Post your system to the site for everyone to see!
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Some CJ gear I've had along the way and miss ...

Post by joeinid »

Some gear along the way ...
Attachments
CA200-front.jpg
CA200-front.jpg (750.28 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
cj system closeup.jpg
cj system closeup.jpg (1010.46 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
MV60 and ET5-2.jpg
MV60 and ET5-2.jpg (554.95 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
premier 350 front-small.jpg
premier 350 front-small.jpg (147.98 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
gat-sony-dart.jpg
gat-sony-dart.jpg (136.24 KiB) Viewed 5078 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Some CJ gear I've had along the way and miss ...

Post by admin »

Wow, some incredible gear here! I'm sure it sounds incredible. Congrats. So what setup did you finally decide upon?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
cherian
Regular
Regular

Post by cherian »

Love the GAT pre. This is the one I have an eye on. Hope to get one within the next year or two. What speakers are you sunning everything with?
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

I am down to just the Premier 350 (as far as Conrad Johnson goes) and am thinking about replacing the GAT that I sold. I do miss it. I am not sure how committed I am to buying a serious tube amp. I know it will sound great, but care and feeding might be too much for me. My GAT mated incredibly well with my Dartzeel 108. So I am torn about going back to the GAT or trying the Dartzeel preamp.

I have TAD CR-1's.

Joe
temp 911 setup.jpg
temp 911 setup.jpg (922.1 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
cherian
Regular
Regular

Post by cherian »

I also have a Premier 350 (one of the best SS amp I have owned) and a Premier 140. I biamp them with active x-over to set of Martin Logan Monolith III. I find that Conrad Johnson and Martin Logan play well together. If I go with the Gat I would have to dump my ACT 2 and like you I may miss it.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Cherian,

I bet your system sounds great. Sometimes I make a change that I think is for the better and I fall off a cliff. I am seriously thinking about replacing the GAT, that's how much I miss it.
skateman
New User
New User

Post by skateman »

Hi Joe,

Looks like you are a cj fan for life and have owned some impressive equipment along the way. I was curious about the mv60 et5 combo. Did you ever think the et5 was overkill
for the mv60? The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of updating my pv-5 to say a pv12, premier 16/17, or perhaps something else. Your mv60 looks to have similar tubes to
mine (if you thrust these old eyes). It appears you are running winged C's for the el34's, rca chrome domes for the 6sn7. Do you remember what you preferred for the 12ax7's?

Happy listening!

Dan
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Hi Dan,

I think I am a CJ fan for life and coming back to the fold. I do not think the ET-5 is overkill. In fact, as I go up the line, I hear improvements. I feel the preamp is the heart of a system and extremely important to overall sound of the system.

I was running Gold Lion 12AX7's and like them a lot. Image
camusmuse
Pro
Pro

Post by camusmuse »

Know its an old post, but is that an Alison Krauss CD I spy? One of my standards, even some of her and US's live stuff is fairly well recorded. Beautiful gear for sure, I know the feeling of regret after letting some go. le'sigh....lol.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

camusmuse wrote:Know its an old post, but is that an Alison Krauss CD I spy? One of my standards, even some of her and US's live stuff is fairly well recorded. Beautiful gear for sure, I know the feeling of regret after letting some go. le'sigh....lol.
Yes it is. I love Alison Krauss. My GAT/ART mono combo is just stunning. I am a happy CJ owner.
camusmuse
Pro
Pro

Post by camusmuse »

Indeed I am as well... How do you find the quality of AKUS recordings? I have the live two disc set(among others) that is surprisingly well recorded for a live performance. Very little hiss, if any, and very dynamic sounds. Disc two, track two, The Boy That Wouldnt Hoe Corn is a shining example of not only the sound quality, but also the abilities of Jerry Douglas on dobro. I have to admit it took a few years for Alison to grow on me. Oh Atlanta was the start, and then it just became one of the "albums" that I put on and ended up loving every song. Seen her a couple times in concert, somewhat oddly, she is VERY FUNNY on stage....who knew?
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Hi,

The sound quality is great. I found Alison Krauss from streaming on MOG and Pandora and wanted more. She and the whole band is extremely talented. Definitely one of my favorites.