CJ is in my life history

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
whnay1
Super Pro
Super Pro

CJ is in my life history

Post by whnay1 »

I am now 60 years old and my ears are still good - thank God.

I started selling Audio in 1977 and met Lew Johnson in 1978. Since they were located in Virginia they were close to me. Lew is a brilliant man and a great man to meet. Hs wife Marcia is so nice and they are such good friends.

Throughout the 80's and 90's I worked many of the CES Shows for CJ helping them sign up dealers and presenting the new products on display. What a privilege this was.

So, I am biased. CJ still makes the ultimate statement in audio. How nice!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CJ is in my life history

Post by admin »

It's great to have you with us. Your experience with the company and it's leaders is very exciting. It sounds like you have had the opportunity to glimpse the inner workings of this great company that few of us have. Thanks for sharing your story with our community.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
whnay1
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by whnay1 »

I had all of those. I got my EV2000 in 1989 replacing a Motif MS100. The Ev2000 has tremendous impact, dynamics, and tonal balance.
whnay1
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by whnay1 »

keep the EV2000 and see if you can land a used ET3 (basic model). It is close to the CT6 at less money. You could get the ET3 ES which has all Teflon CJD caps and vichay resistors. Very smooth...
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the advice. I have actually looked at the ET3 extensively. I love my PV12 but I think the ET3 would be a financially viable upgrade. The ES version would be the icing on the cake!
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
whnay1
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by whnay1 »

check audiogon for deals however CJ may have a trade in program so contact them just in case they still do.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm on audiogon quite a bit. I never even though of a possible trade in program. I will definitely look into that possibility. Thanks for the tip.
-admin
whnay1
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by whnay1 »

no problem...