to stay!
Hifiasylum
Regular
Regular

Hello from Norway.

Post by Hifiasylum »

Hi.
Posting this from Norway.
I am a longtime owner of a set of CJ Prem. 5 monoblocks.
These are currently out of order, but I will make another post regarding this in the right sections.
I am playing on a set of Martin Logan CLS II z and a few other speakers, but the CLS are my longtime favourite speakers.
I have a Kora Eclipse preamp and also a JR Model 8 amp for use when the tube amps are not working.
I run Cardas Hexlink 6 all around, happy with that.
Mostly play Flac through a laptop, I am however working on a DIY resistor ladder DAC and a Raspberry Pi media player.
Glad to be part of a CJ forum.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Norway.

Post by admin »

Welcome to the site. Great to have you with us. Big planar speaker fan myself (not to mention CJ). I used to use Martin Logan Vantages as my primary speakers in the past. Very big fan of their ESL's. The DIY DAC and raspberry Pi sound interesting. I would love to hear more.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Hifiasylum
Regular
Regular

Re: Hello from Norway.

Post by Hifiasylum »

Hi Admin.
Also have a set of ML Quest heavily modified stored, need to cut a slightly larger opening to a replacement 12' bass element.
The DIY DAC I mentioned is completely built and is very easy to get up and running.
(A friend had a 2500$+ Audio Note DAC being retired after he got this DIY DAC up and running.)
Software based and a very active forum helping out with new and improved firmware development.
See here:

http://soekris.com/products/audio-products/dam1021.html
and
https://hifiduino.wordpress.com/2015/03 ... ers-guide/