Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
camoz
Regular
Regular

Hello to everyone. New member from Italy

Post by camoz »

Hello to everyone from Italy!
I am very happy that I joined this site to share my experiences with other owners of those "musical masterpieces", which the CJ are.
My setup relatively to the sources, is composed of a Revox B225 CD player and a Studer A727 CD player (both heavily modded), connected to preamp by Straight Wire Maestro signal cable.
I also have a Sansui SR-929 turntable connected to preamp by a Van Den Hul D502 cable.
With regard to preamplifiers, I own a Premier 17LS that use with CD players, and a Premier 2 (refreshed with new polypropylene capacitors as the Premier 3 and new electrolytic capacitors) that I use to listen to the turntable.
About the amplifier, I built it by myself and it is an Hiraga Le Monstre.
With regard to the speakers, I have Fostex FE-163 EN-s in back loaded horn configuration that i built on specific from Fostex, connected with a Straight Wire Maestro power cable.
I listen to many kinds of music and i'm always looking for new albums, artists, and generes that I still don't know!
I hope to find someone here with which I can get advice,experiences and tips on the two CJ machines that I own.
Relatively to Conrad Johnson, i did listening experiences only with preamps, and i never had the pleasure to listen some power amplifiers made by CJ because it's not easy to find a owner of a CJ power amplifier near where I live (but do not think I have doubts about the sonic result).

So, that's it about my "musical side"!

Ciao, Paolo.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello to everyone. New member from Italy

Post by admin »

Welcome to the site. You have what sounds like a spectacular setup. I would love to see some pictures if you have them. Also interested in what kind of modifications you have made to your components specifically. Much of my equipment is modded as well. Again, welcome to the site it is wonderful to have you as part of our community!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
camoz
Regular
Regular

Post by camoz »

Hello.
Regarding the photos, I have only two (and not very nice) :roll: .
About my modified equipment, these are the CD players.
The Studer A727 is the "workhorse" of my system, and on this I made the following changes (without spoiling anything inside by cutting original pcb, making holes or other crap like that):
total elctrolytics recap, disabling the headphone and variable outputs, tentlab clock with a separated power supply, Mundorf supreme output capacitors, replacement of output op amp, separated power supply for the TDA1541, separated power supply for the output op amps, removal of SAA7220 IC, playing zero oversampling mode, and silver mica capacitors instead of ceramics in some specific positions.
Despite its age, he is still able to give me great satisfaction as it is able to compete without any problems with much more expensive CD players!
As regards the Revox B225, on this I replaced the output op amp, separated power supply for these, and dynamicap output capacitors.
This is what concerns my modded equipment.
And you??? :)

Bye!
1.JPG
1.JPG (1.97 MiB) Viewed 377 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (1.71 MiB) Viewed 377 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wow, that's really a great looking setup. I totally love the overall retro design. Congrats.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
MLAS
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by MLAS »

Hi Paolo

Nice setup indeed!
Studer makes great professional equipment.
Could once buy a Mark Levinson ML-5 (Studer A80 with Levinson electronics) did not realize the value 15 years ago....

As already asked by our honorable admin himself what component changes did you make to the Premier Two?
I ask that because maybe I'll buy one if I can upgrade it a little bit.

Thanks and happy listening!

Robert
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Hello Paolo,

Beautiful system and photos. Thank you for posting.
camoz
Regular
Regular

Post by camoz »

Hi MLAS.
You can find information about my work on my premier2 in the thread "premier 2 blue book" in the preamps section.
In addition to what I have already written, I also replaced the tube sockets of the line section.
Please ask for anything else.
Best regards

Paolo
MLAS
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by MLAS »

Thanks Paolo.

I'll look in that section.

Robert