New member from Texas.

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Duckman
Regular
Regular

New member from Texas.

Post by Duckman »

I just recently learned of this forum. C-J equipment I have include a new Classic 2 SE w/phono and a Premier 11A which I've owned since new. The P11A is off at CJ now having some minor problems fixed and receiving the C1 cap and resistor upgrade.

I can't wait to see how it will work out with the Classic preamp. Right now I'm using my little Dennis Had Inspire amp trying to get some break in time on the Classic. I must say if the P11A ends up sounding as good as the Classic I'll be a happy camper. :D
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New member from Texas.

Post by admin »

Duckman, welcome to CJO. Great to have you with us. If you have a chance, post some pics of your setup, would love to see what you're running over there.

As a side note. I was in Texas last month and had a great time. I had a Buffalo meat hamburger which was probably the best burger I have ever had,... dying to go back!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Duckman
Regular
Regular

Post by Duckman »

Thank you. Glad to be here.

I guess I should wait for the P11A to get back before posting a picture but here's how it stands for now.

Speakers are Klipsch Cornwall's. The two homemade subs are not in use now and are just used for shelved to set record jackets and stuff on. The Cornwall's bass is better than the subs ever were. :)

On top of the rack is the Basis turntable, then the Sony DVD player, Sonic Frontiers Assemblage DAC and Apple TV. Then the Jolida JD100 CD player, the Classic 2SE, and where the P11A normally sits is the little 8wpc Inspire SET amp.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 225 times
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

G'day mate,
Super stuff! The Classic 2SE with the prem 11A will be a superb combination with the Klipsch. Klipsch speakers are really special. I remember the time somewhere around 2010 it was, lusting over a pair of Scala's. At a dealer chap who also happens to carry McIntosh, Sonus Faber and the brands from Fine Sounds Group; the asking price for the Scala's was way over the top for me at the time. Melbourne is not cheap nor affordable when it comes to good audio, leaving aside high-end for that matter; one has to be making the big bucks in order to afford a top-end system like cj or Klipsch... the used market is pretty good but hard to find decent gear compared to the US.

I get all too excited the moment I come across a classic SE preamp. One of my favorite all time preamps from cj. Very well designed, superb build/ quality, and an absolute true value for money product. It doesn't have remote nor balance levels, and as I always say "who cares!" The sound performance ratio is second to none.

When is your prem 11A due back? Trust it is in good care. Also remember when it does get back,give it plenty of time to settle in with the classic SE. You will notice the difference straight away and you'll start taking out all your favorite music tracks. It would certainly be a treat to experience the kind of musicality you will get from your system, enjoy!
Don't forget the polarity reverse at your speaker terminal ends since the Classic SE inverts phase (trust you already know this).

Do let us know how it all goes and what you like the most from the Classic SE.
Cheers, RJ