Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
kevinC
New User
New User

Greetings

Post by kevinC »

Greeting Conrad Johnson owners,

My introduction to vacuum tubes was in 1988 when I heard an MV45 driving small Magnepan loudspeakers. After that experience I sold my solid-state gear and Acoustic Research AR-9's and bought an MV50 and some Maggies of my own. I loved that amp, but when I upgraded to the MG-IIIa I knew I needed more power, so I sold the MV50 and got a pair of VTL 225 monoblocks. That was a long time ago, but I've stayed with vacuum-tube amplification ever since with no regrets.

So when a friend who recently retired wanted to build a system, I gave him an old AR turntable I hadn't used since the late '80's, and another friend contributed that same MV45 that got me hooked on tubes. So when my retired friend asked about preamps, I didn't hesitate to recommends he look for a PV5. Although he hasn't found one at the right price yet, in the meantime I thought I'd see if I could find a PV5 schematic just in case, which is how I found this site.

Thanks in advance for the advice and counsel I'm sure I will receive.

Cheers,

kevinC
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings

Post by admin »

KevinC,
Welcome to the site, it's great to have you. I am also a big fan of Magnepan. I currently use a pair of modified 20.1's in my system. I think they really complement my CJ equipment. Nice to hear that you are helping out your friends acquire great audiophile systems. Again, welcome to the site.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.