Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
mojo_65
New User
New User

Hello - New member from Italy

Post by mojo_65 »

Hello to everybody in the forum.

It is since the '90s that I am using CJ in my system and so far I never felt the urge to move to another kind of sound. Coming from a PV10A and PV5 I eventually got to the current set up:

Evolution 20 (upgraded to SE)
MV52
MV125

The system is an active bi-amp driving an Electro Voice set composed by a bass unit TL606A and a driver horn combination DH1A+HP1240 driven through 2 electronic Xovers Electro Voice XEQ2. As I use to say it is not a sort of heretic diy set up but it's a system assembled according to the strict EV specs. MV52 is on the mid-highs and the MV125 is on the mid-bass.

My first preamp the beloved PV10A is the device that opened the doors of real hi-fi back in the '90s. Back then I understood what a preamp is supposed to do and I fell in love with that sound, so musical and precise. The Evolution 20 blew my mind and made me understand what a hi-end component is capable of. An article in the Italian magazine Audio Review in 1983 provided the inspiration for the loudspeaker. The PV10A has been temporarily sold to a friend of mine but I have a buy back option in case he would like to change :D

Considering the financial resources I use to have and the search for all components, this system took me 10 years to be completed. Now I am enjoying the sound I always had in my mind and that's been forged listening to as much live music as possible.
I am glad I've found this site and I hope to contribute somehow to the CJ heritage. I hope CJ would forgive me, I know they made a lot of great components after the mid '90s but that golden era between '84 and '94 has seen some of the best music machines ever made.

Sincerely
Alessandro
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello - New member from Italy

Post by admin »

Alessandro,
Welcome to CJO. Nice to have you with us. Sounds like you have a great system there. If you have time, I would love to see some picks. Take care.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.