hello from New York

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
audiomaven
New User
New User

hello from New York

Post by audiomaven »

I used a PF-R pre in my main LR rig for several years before moving to tubes. I know have my beloved PF-R, upgraded with better caps, etc., in my BR system. I had to sub the PF-R for my Wyetech Opal pre in the main rig for a few weeks while Opal was getting Teflon caps and the PF-R did a very creditable job. I could live with it as main pre.

CJ knows how to do pres, even SS, and their products last! Never understood why they ceased production of the PF-R. It was Stereophile Class A rated. :roll:

Neal
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: hello from New York

Post by admin »

Neal,
Welcome to CJO!

I think your comments exemplify why CJ has such a strong and loyal following. There products last a very long time (unlike most modern electronics). I think any company will discontinue and bring out new products with time but I have found the support for older gear to be excellent. I recently had a tube go out in my PV12 and had no problem discussing the issue with CJ. I posted about this in the "troubleshooting" section.

Your going to have to let us know how it sounds with the upgrades. I would love to get a review of the PF-R in the "Preamp" section of the site.

Once again, welcome to CJO!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.