An Old-Timer, I Suppose

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
tvr2500m
Regular
Regular

An Old-Timer, I Suppose

Post by tvr2500m »

I don't consider myself old, but I bought a PV-1, then a PV-2, and an MV-75 when they were new. When C-J was a new and upstart company making new TUBED products. The "new" C-J amps and preamps were a bit of the rage. I've had much other C-J gear, it's tended to be my primary go-to stuff, and I just sold my PV-2 not too long ago, and I have that MV-75, which I'm selling now.

Unfortunately for me, I don't have room for a full-on system. I'm selling just about all my big kit. Sold the Prem 12s, a second MV-75, my PV-2, and I'm selling my PV-12A.

Just got alerted to this group from one of the very good folks on Audio Asylum. Nice to know it's here and happy to sign up.
Last edited by tvr2500m on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: An Old-Timer, I Suppose

Post by admin »

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you have a great experience with CJ classic gear. Look forward to hearing about your experience with CJ products. Take care, and once again, welcome to the site.

As a side note, I also use a PV-12, absolutely love it.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by jeffreybehr »

tvr and fellow inmate, glad to see you made it; welcome.

My current c-j pieces are my much-loved MET1 6-channel preamp and a McCormack DNA-HT5 poweramp that drives center and surround speakers. I hope to replace the 'HT5 with a c-j MET150 by the end of the year.
http://www.conradjohnson.com/It_just_so ... et150.html
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
tvr2500m
Regular
Regular

Post by tvr2500m »

Thanks for the welcomes. Agreed on the PV-12. I feel it's one of the best of the PV-series preamps. Thanks Jeffrey for the tip. Just had to join!