Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Andresound
Regular
Regular

Cav50

Post by Andresound »

Hi guys,
I have just acquired a CAV50 in mint condition. The unit has not seen many hours of use and sounds fantastic! I have been an audiophile for 30 plus years. Always new about CJ equipment, but never really listened to it. I have lived with this unit in my gym through a pair of Altec Lansing 604h in 620 cabinets. Probably only listening to he first 5 watts!!
Will keep visiting forum.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cav50

Post by admin »

Welcome to the site. Nice to have you!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Andresound
Regular
Regular

Post by Andresound »

Hi Guys,
Thank you for the welkom! :D . I would like to mod the CAV50 to triode mode. Have searched the net for a schematic/pictures to do so, but to no avail! :| Please can someone help.
Andresound
Regular
Regular

Post by Andresound »

Have since done some exploring inside CAV50. There is a little jumper soldered into a "tube" which is one of the EL34 pins (not sure which one). From what i have read, it seems all that is needed for triode connection, is the re-soldering of a jumper. There is another "vacant tube" near the soldered one. I NEED a pic of the correct re-soldering please!!! :cry:

Please can someone help!
Andresound
Regular
Regular

Post by Andresound »

Guys surely someone can help!! :cry: