From the Arizona desert

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

From the Arizona desert

Post by jeffreybehr »

I've been an audiofool (I try not to take myself and this obsess...er...hobby too seriously) for over 50 years. Was a parttime hi-end dealer, Two Jeffreys Audio, in the '80s. My current system is certainly my best ever and has taken maybe 5 years to assemble--after the benefit of c. 45 years of experience and former equipment.

I rebuilt my musicroom--and it really is my mancave--in 1982, and it sounds quite good. I'm very much into multichannel sound, as it sounds much more natural and closer to real than 2-channel sound. The system plays movies, too, on an 8-foot-wide (NOT diagonal) screen.

I'm an incorrigible tweak, having improved parts in virtually all equipment I own.
Last edited by jeffreybehr on Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: From the Arizona desert

Post by admin »

Welcome from Airzona!

Wow, sound like you have many years of experience. I'm sure your new system that you spent 5 years building is great. Maybe you can post some pictures of it in the "member systems gallery" section.

So when you say your more into multi-channel sound. Are you referring to things like SACD and DVD-Audio, or more on the film side of things like Blu-ray. Or perhaps something like using DSP's to make 2 channel audio into more?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by jeffreybehr »

Hi admin; do you have a name?

I mean multichannel (not 'multi-channel') sound for audio listening via SACDs and DVD-As and to a lesser extent using c-j's Ambient Recovery Mode* to recreate some ambience from 2-channel sources. I also watch a lot of movies (mostly on Blu, some on HD DVD) in MC. I also have a half-dozen concerts on Blu.

Yes, I'll soon be posting some system info. Here's a little tease...three-each Vandersteens and McCormacks.

* which is as good as Dolby Pro-Logic at creating a center-dialog channel from stereo TV broadcasts such as sportscar races.
Last edited by jeffreybehr on Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey there. Yup, I have a name, it's Gabor (Hungarian). I'm using the username admin so that if somebody has a problem with the site I'm easy to find.

I am also a heavy movie watcher as well. I watch a few blu-rays per week (mostly netflix), and I also have a hobby of collecting laserdiscs so I usually do a few of those a week as well. I have "what are you watching" thread viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21 so if you want to post what you've been watching. I find it gives good suggestions for others.

I can't wait to see more of the system. Definitely make a thread in the "member system gallery" area, I'm sure we would all like to see what your running over there (including on the video side of things).

Once again, welcome!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.