Hello from Aus

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Ian Millar
Advanced
Advanced

Hello from Aus

Post by Ian Millar »

Hi. I'm Ian - aged 50. I am a hi-fi nut. Plenty of C-J gear from PV10AL to Premier 8-XS with other Premier DACs and preamps to boot. I build my own amplifiers too. I don't know what to say but maybe hello and here is my DIY blog where you can see plenty of pictures with C-J stuff of years ago still working fine. The only C-J items that ever gave me trouble are the big Premier 8s. My little MV-55 is much more reliable. It is used for tweeters only. The Premier 8s for midrange only and an MF2500 for bass: http://ianamillar.com/blog/oriel-tri-amplification/

Admin may care to notice I have a Pioneer LD also with an AC-3 mod - used to connect to a Sony processor - now via a Boothroyd Meridian demodulator to an Integra processor. :)

Cheers,

Ian
Ray
Super Pro
Super Pro

Re: Hello from Aus

Post by Ray »

Wow, what a fantastic blog! I wish I'd documented some of my own system's evolution!

Welcome Ian
-------------------------------------------------
Magnepan 20.7
Conrad Johnson ART 300
Conrad Johnson GAT V2
Meitner MA 1 V2
Custom Server running MC 23
Dual Synology 1512+ 12 TB total storage
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Incredible. Very nice setup and you have gone into some incredible detail of all your activities. I liked even the little things like your DIY cables as I made some very similar ones (with locking plugs).

Yes, I did notice the LD's player. Very nice indeed. Do you play a lot of LD's? I view about 2 a week on average. I've been collecting for a little while and my collection is nearing the 1,000 mark. Love the format, and great soundtrack mixes which I often feel like they were mixed for the audio-enthusiast vs DVD which are sometimes not that impressive.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Jim Treanor
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jim Treanor »

Welcome, Ian. Impressive blog--and the gear to go with it.
Living Room: Premier 17LS, MF2500, Win10 laptop, TEAC UD501, Paradigm SE-3
Bedroom: Luminous Audio Axiom II, MF2500, Win10 Laptop, TEAC UD501, Paradigm Studio 20 v.5
Home Office: Luminous Audio Axiom II, Sonographe SA250, Paradigm SE-1