Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
wes_in_va
Regular
Regular

A quite new CJ fan arrives

Post by wes_in_va »

Greetings from Southwest VA.
My first CJ experience was last year. I stopped in my local stereo place and they had an MV 75 driving some top-end Monitor Audio speakers. I loved what I heard.
Since that day I've lusted after CJ stuff but it wasn't until a very, very lucky find at a thrift store that I was able to "join the club": I went home with a pristine PV12L preamp.
I thought I'd never replace my Audible Illusions Modulus 2b. That preamp was my intro to really nice audio. I loved it. It was never going anywhere. But then I plugged in the PV12 and now the AI is heading for a new home at my brother in law's place.
cj.jpg
cj.jpg (44.13 KiB) Viewed 1223 times
Now I'm here, so "hello".
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A quite new CJ fan arrives

Post by admin »

Wes_in_va,
Welcome to the site, it's great to have you! I am also a fellow PV12 owner and I absolutely love the sound!

Once again, nice to have you here. If you have time, perhaps you can post some more pictures of your setup in the "member systems gallery" forum. I would definitely like to see what else you have connected there,... is that an Emotiva I see in the picture?

Once again, welcome to the site!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
wes_in_va
Regular
Regular

Post by wes_in_va »

That is indeed an Emotiva ERC-2 cdp. It's been replaced by a Shanling CD-3000 since that pic was taken, though.

I'll post some more system pics over in the gallery. Nice to be here!
miatadan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by miatadan »

I know you will love your PV12 preamp. nice to meet you
Dan